Custom seats

docc

I've long looked at the shape of the "bum stop" on the Sport and thought I would like it better shaped differently. I realize Guzzi had to provide for a pillion, but I'd likely lose that for the sake of vanity and style. :sun::pic:

So, post your custom seats here and let's have a look-see . . .

No photos, but when I re-did my Sport's seat, I flattened the pan, eliminating the sharp edges of the molding intended to accommodate the battery. I also lowered the battery a bit.

Now the stock-looking seat is super comfortable even on very long rides, and I sit slightly lower as well, more "into" the bike.

• 7 months later...

I've long looked at the shape of the "bum stop" on the Sport and thought I would like it better shaped differently. I realize Guzzi had to provide for a pillion, but I'd likely lose that for the sake of vanity and style. :sun::pic:

Docc, Any news on your seat project?

Docc, Any news on your seat project?

Ah, man . . . my seat guy *retired* the very week I got your spare seat. <_>

Somewhere between my custom seat design *idea* and redesigning the Tekno pannier mounts is a happy change to my hi-mile sport.

You can go just about any upholsterer and have a bumpstop done to your seat. I had it done to my old CB750 putting in a bumpstop filled with memory foam so it would crush down for a rear passenger.

Rich Maund

35232668106_3e657a0506_c.jpg2017-06-12_07-49-26 by Charles Stottlemyer, on Flickr

A little wider, flatter, better foam.

He's making seats again, but I don't think taking orders right now. Rich is *good*.

Is that leather? and I LOVE that Italian flag

No, it's a marine grade not leather of some kind. Rich puts the Italian flag on the left side because Italy is a left leaning country..  :)

He turned my Marquis de Sade designed Jackal seat from a 45 minute special to an all day all night Mary Anne seat, too.