Customised V11's

nobleswood

I generally keep my Scura pretty stock.  But this one from Japan has tested me many times.

If you click on the thread you'll find some beautiful photographs in Tokyo.

MIke

http://www.vulcandrifterriders.com/forum/index.php?topic=39834.0

Looks like a 900SS fairing. And a bunch of farkles. A bunch.

What are those valve covers? One offs?

They look like earlier valve covers, like the ones on my 850. But there is a good chance they are custom.

I remember seeing a California with the square barrels machined to round of the corners with round rocker covers, not sure if the covers were custom or standard early covers sitting on an adapter plate that doubled as gaurds. I thought it looked much nicer than the square motors.

My main complaint with the visual aspect of the V11 LeMans is how the motor looks like it is tilted back, due to the need to get the drive shaft lined up I expect. Pity they did not sort that with the 6 speed box. The Norton Commando looks like it is doing a hundred stood still thanks to its inclined motor.

What are those valve covers? One offs?

They look like earlier valve covers, like the ones on my 850. But there is a good chance they are custom.

There are adapter plates that allow you to install old round head rocker covers onto your v11 square heads.  MG cycle has them.  Other vendors probably do too.

http://www.mgcycle.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2455

• Like 1

No, not really feeling it.....at all I'm afraid.

Bikes like this just make me appreciate how well the original designers did.

Ciao

Plus the seat doesn't line up with the tank.

No, not really feeling it.....at all I'm afraid.

Bikes like this just make me appreciate how well the original designers did.

Ciao

Plus the seat doesn't line up with the tank.

Maybe I'm a harsh critic but it seems these days people are easily pleased with regard to engineering stuff. Its all about it being "different" more than it being "right".

I'm not against a backyard special or a stripped down bike but lets face it this example along with many others out there has no style, continuity or flow. No elegance to it, Just bits cobbled together, then the audacity to do a "look at me" piece on the web.

If I had cobbled something like that together (which I wouldnt) the last thing I would do is publicise it.  

Ciao

• Like 2

I kind of like that one - mostly because of the raw, home-made feel and the exposed frame. However, I do not see it as improvement over the original design.

And for the same money and less time he could have bought a world-class suspension had a better bike. Can't believe somebody would do that much work and leave the stock shock on...