26 Jan 2017 update glitch?

Bill Hagan

So, during the night -- I am of an age that requires middle-of-the-night strolls to the WC :oldgit: -- I get a PM from a member here.  

I read it, then, this morning, came onto the forum to reply.

Hmmmmmm.  Not there.

I then see that I am the last poster on two threads, each from 22 January.  Huh?

So, unless I really have lived through some sort of time warp, assume there is an IT explanation for this.

Curious if the "lost posts and threads" will reappear.  Inasmuch as one insulted me  :grin:  and this also leaves my musical tastes as the latest and naturally greatest :whistle: , I would not be displeased if the lost are not found.   :D

Bill

I see that my "Champagne wishes..." project thread has rolled back a few days.

I'm going to check the garage to see if the progress I made on the bike has also been un-done. :rolleyes:  

• Like 2

Bill- You need to come out of the woods more often! :grin:

Moved Bill Hagan's thread here to look further into this.

A few posts and some personal messages appear to have vaporized. My biggest concern is the new member who posted a series of photos in a gallery of his new LeMans and a California. I recall he is in Lakeland, Florida, USA?

My pm to him is gone and I can't recall the username.  Was it "guzziguy?"

Yeah I noticed my Ti exhaust post from yesterday in the 24/7 V11 section has disappeared.  I thought it was me that screwed up. :o

I think it was your fault. The fact that a Ti exhaust kit was still new-in-box created a rift in the space-time continuum that sucked a few days of forum activity into a black hole. You should not have posted that photo.

• Like 2

Back online! Sorry for the wait guys. Yesterday I had to undergo a server migration and now it seems some postings have gone missing... It's amazing how much extra work this brings. But hey, you're still here!

As for the missing posts... It's just too much work to just lift out a couple of days from the huge database and stick 'm in the new database. Sorry!

Thanks for the explanation. I see these "server migrations" cause big problems at work.

You never realize how reliable something is until it doesn't work. I don't recall a problem with this site ever before. That's pretty darn good.

Still here... and this is still my favorite place to hang out and talk about motorcycles.