Running trouble

czakky

My $ is still on a timing problem. 

Have you done anything to affect the valve timing, like a new timing chain & tensioner?

I managed to mistime one camshaft on a DOHC engine, and it ran sluggishly one tooth retarded. Mistiming a Guzzi camshaft would be much worse, as it affects both intake & exhaust valves timing, and ignition timing via the phonic wheel.

Another thought, GuzziDiag will report the Crank Position Sensor as failed if the gap is slightly too large. Setting the gap correctly with a thinner shim made GuzziDiag happy again.

No, can I crank with the plugs disconnected?

To the best of my knowledge, as long as the plugs are grounded you can. Don't trust my aging memory, though..ask somebody that knows. :oldgit:

I watched a big beautiful spray of fuel come out of the injectors no visible dribble/leak.

I've gotta say that the spark although it was there wasn't as consistent as I would've imagined. It was blue and sometimes orange-ish. My battery was dying too.

Guess it's on to timing/ECU.

Does anybody know if a 15rc is a direct swap with a 15m?

I will need to load a map onto the new unit so it's got to be guzzidiag compatible.

It was running great. I parked her probably November. Pulled the battery had it in my basement most of the winter. I'm not 100% sure it was never exposed to below zero weather this year but I'm pretty sure it hasn't.

I will say this though, I bought an odyssey approved automatic charger. It doesn't seem to charge above 12.65. This would be a "before things went to hell" thing too. My old cheap auto charger would get her to 12.85 atleast. Also I WAS charging on pigtails in the bike.... not since my issues but I did a couple times.

Yes she's back fired many times. Visually the boot from head to TBs are good. I've attached and re-attached the air box a couple dozen times. Making sure to check. I've done the carb cleaner spray while she's running just to be sure she's not leaking. Good points though.