YUASA YTX15L-BS AGM 12V - PROBLEMS

TomekSZ

We had an issue like this years ago. The relay for that circuit did not work, which meant the headlight did not work. It was an intermittent issue, it would sometimes happen, but would work right the next time.The short term fix was to rotate the relays, as all our relays are the 5 pin ones. The long term fix was better relays and making sure the connections at the relay bases was good and tight.

• Like 1

Yeap. I think it may be it. It is not the 1 relay problem. The relays produced by Panasonic - which i have - are thinner then oryginal one. So when I ride on a motorcycle they can loosen or leap. It must be it i think. 

One question, i would like to change the relays - to be sure tha the allright. So i thinking about the:

1. Omron - but the have 4 stics only 

http://pl.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Omron-Electronics/G8HE-1C7T-R-DC12/?qs=0NRgW0qSE97vygR8bw91hg==

2. Panasonic - the model upgrade from mine - 5 stics

http://pl.rs-online.com/web/p/przekazniki-nieblokujace/6995967/

3. TE- This is the oryginal one that sugest parts for v11 lemanse - 5 sticks

http://pl.rs-online.com/web/p/products/5352542/

Will be great if you would suggest the best in yours opinion.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok this was the jumping relays problem. The one of the relay jumps in the move, and the yuasa was not charged by the generator. So the plastic fix and problem solced :) thanks for the advise. :-)

• Like 1

Sorry - the problem came back to me. Do you have information which relays is the one that is connected to the tachometer? - and of course charging the Yuasa :-) I checked out and the power generator works fine and looks bery fine. Power Regulator in my opinion is working or not working. This is not possible that it works one time and another not.  So do not know what do next. May it be some cable? Or i cheange the relay all for the compleatly new one. 

The tachometer, and charging reference, come through Relay#2.

Sorry for maybe sipping the question, but from which side looking? From the battery as I understand it?

Yes, from the front. Relay#2 is a busy one for tachometer, charging reference, headlamps, stop lamp, dash warning lights, and horns.

Sorry for maybe sipping the question, but from which side looking? From the battery as I understand it?

Yes, from the front. Relay#2 is a busy one for tachometer, charging reference, headlamps, stop lamp, dash warning lights, and horns.

hey docc, is this true for all years of our Sport/LM?

hey docc, is this true for all years of our Sport/LM?

Yes, Sir, that is my understanding. It is Relay#1 that changes function in 2002 on.

Ok. 

Approx. Battery charged. I connected back and fired - I checked the voltage meter exchanging all relays one by one. Independence of everything is the same reaction. I start the motorcycle is charging the battery for about 10 seconds. Later, as the rotation drops and stabilizes - it does not charge. I add gas - nothing hapend. The voltage is 11.9 / 8. Voltage regulator? GU32703810? I think it is it, because nothing else comes to my mind.

Tomek, have you checked the yellow wires coming out of the alternator? From memory, they should show around 45 volts AC at 4000 rpm or so.

• Like 1