Grips for the Scura - Done - Pairing with Napoleons now

PJPR01

Hopefully an easy question for the Scura/V11 Masters....

Are the grips on the Scura the same internal diameter size for left and right (obviously no heated grips, so I don't have that to worry about)?  On my Norge the diameters are different, so before I strip off the current ones, would like to verify.

Curious also what other folks have put on if you have re-gripped your bike, any recommendations to compare to.  

Personally I like a softer, slightly spongier feel with an even diameter across the entire grip, what's on their now is fairly hard and bowed out in the middle, narrower on the ends.

Thanks in advance!

I have yet to meet a modern bike that didn't have different size grips, the right side has to be a different internal diameter to accommodate the throttle tube. You would never want different external diameters because your hands could tell and it would drive you crazy.

Thanks guys.  

Ok...sounds like I need to buy two pairs then again, haven't been able to source a place where one diameter is 22mm and the other 25mm in the same pair, they always seem to come with the same diameter on both.  Superbike grips look good...thanks for the tip!

Thanks guys.  

Ok...sounds like I need to buy two pairs then again, haven't been able to source a place where one diameter is 22mm and the other 25mm in the same pair, they always seem to come with the same diameter on both.  Superbike grips look good...thanks for the tip!

I'd love to see a picture of the grips that are the same size. Are you sure they aren't bicycle grips?

These were on my Guzzi when I got them. Soft yet durable. They would still be on there if I hadn't replaced them with heated grips.

http://www.ourygrips.com/road-street-grips/

Compressed air is the best way to get grips on and off. If they move around too much then break out the hairspray.

Thanks guys.  

really? I've never seen grips that weren't different sizes.

I like pro grips gel, BTW. Takes out that little ticking in the bars. YMMV, of course.

Thanks guys.  

really? I've never seen grips that weren't different sizes.

I like pro grips gel, BTW. Takes out that little ticking in the bars. YMMV, of course.

Right? Motorcycle grips already are sized for the the throttle tube on the right.

Interesting, the last 3 sets of grips I was experimenting with and trying out were sized the same for both in the box, so I ended up having to buy 2 pairs of them before buying the ProGrips (thanks Chuck...these are good) to get the right size for each side for the Norge.  Even with some gel soap, it was quite an effort to get them on.  Once on, just perfect.  

I'll dig out the boxes of the other grips I had bought before finding the ProGrips, almost done unpacking the garage from the recent move.

I'll order a set of the grips recommended above and see how those work out on the Scura, interesting those do say they have a different inner diameter for each side.  Clearly I've been buying grips from the wrong places!

Thanks guys as always!!

• 2 weeks later...

ProGrips installed super easy on the Scuzzi...still waiting on the others to arrive just to feel the tactile differences, just for grins I also ordered a set of aluminum/rubber in Ohlins yellow to see if they would match (haven't arrived yet), but I'm very happy with the ProGrips = same as on my Norge and they are miles better than the original ones here.  I looked at all my other grips I had ordered, definitely came with either 2 7/8 diameter grips or 2 1 inch diameter grips, so I'm guessing they were for Moto Cross or other application, but not the appropriate ones...at any rate, off to the donation pile they go.

Now to the next question...I had ordered also a set of Napoleon bar end mirrors...all ready to install them today and take the Scura for a spin, and when I try to do so, the screw that comes with them is significantly larger in diameter than what current holds the bar ends on.  So...either I have ordered the wrong ones, or I just go and find some long bolts with the same original diameter and thread pattern and then perhaps a metal sleeve to insert as well to take up the slack?

Have others Napoleons fitted directly w/o any need for modification to the screw provided with the mirror!

Merci du part de Napoleon!

Remove bar-end weights. Grind flange off supplied nut or find a smaller one. Cut rubber insert down till it fits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk