NZ video

dangerous

68... we pride our selves on safe riding, be it at speed... no need to cross the fog or center lines, tho the crown range looks a bit dodgy with all the passing but visability is good and its not as fast as it looks.

nice Rosso mines a Nero, have you ever seen a nero in the UK?

How terrific! Crown Range reminds me very much of the Cherohala Skyway on the Tennessee/North Carolina border of the USA.

SO great! Thanks, DD! :thumbsup:

68... we pride our selves on safe riding, be it at speed... no need to cross the fog or center lines, tho the crown range looks a bit dodgy with all the passing but visability is good and its not as fast as it looks.

I have not seen a Nero Corsa personally.

However this set me off wondering how many Guzzis there are in the UK.

Our Department For Transport recommended looking on:

http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk

It not a government website but is based on DfT data. Only goes back to around 2002.

Just type in your vehicle, several charts available.

To help, SORN, is the Statuary Off Road Notification.

For the last ten years or so, all vehicles in the UK must be registered, taxed, insured and have an MOT certificate (annual safety check) unless it is not being used on the road i.e. in your garage being rebuilt etc. In which case SORN must be raised. The idea was to stop tax dodgers saying "I forgot to tax it".

As an aside, the DfT recently came up with a cunning way to get more tax revenue when vehicles are sold between individuals (not a dealer). It used to be when you sold a vehicle any Road Tax carried by the vehicle (on a paper disc - now discontinued) would stay with it to be used by the new owner. Now the seller MUST cancel and get a refund for any Road Tax and the buyer MUST retax it before they can take it on the road. The clever part is the seller can only claim a refund of a complete months tax, the buyer must buy tax from the beginning of a month. So, if you sell on the 14th, you lose two weeks tax and the buyer has to tax the vehicle from the beginning of that month. One month tax fee to the DfT! For this reason many vehicles are sold as SORN which makes a road test difficult.

The one good thing is you can now tax/untax a vehicle online so unless you are sure you will use the bike in any month SORN it.

If you look at Moto Guzzi V11 Le Mans you will see how many are currently taxed or SORN. I am embarressed to admit mine is one of the latter, but not for much longer.

There's one in Newcastle for sale!! Alas and Alack, for tis priced at a decidedly salty £9,995...

How much are kidneys worth? (My wife has 2)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2004-Moto-guzzi-V11-0cc-Sport-Tourer-BLACK-/122239012406?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

LOL 0cc huh 91 hp so thats bloody good power per litre
now... very nice example of the nero, love the mistrals... Id have it, I have 70k on mine now, looks a bit diferent tho (well for now easly returned to stock) 

retro.jpg

ok, had the comment there wasnt enough lengths of video to get the real idea of secenery as seen from the belly of a 1200 sport... so heres the full 20mins of the crown range from Cardrona to the summit (were I catch up and pass) this section is smooth flowing the decent is tight and slow 1st gear round the hairpins... road decends into Queeenstown.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...