I fell down

swooshdave

That sucks! The damage could have been far worse...

So.... Exactly two days before you fell down, I fell down as well! :bbblll:

Busy with the Decent Tune Up (as the bike stalled every shift after the rebuild), I wanted to heat up the bike. I was distracted and while shifting 2nd to 3rd, suddenly there was a huge truck from the right. In shock, I applied the brakes way too fiercely (they are potent hey!) and put her down around 30kmh.

The aftermath (aside from a still very painful knee):

IMG_0292.jpg
Left exhaust pushed in

IMG_0293.jpg
Exhaust damage

IMG_0294.jpg
Sprark plug guard, spark plug and cable damage

IMG_0296.jpg
Indicator gone and some scratches on the windshield.

All in all, it could have been far worse!

Ouch, I hope you were wearing enough gear. Bike parts can be replaced but body parts are more difficult.

The turn signal lens is only $2 and an entire assembly is about $20 (well, I don't know how much they will be over there). I can't believe how much damage the head guard took.

I got the foot pegs today. Any tips on getting the spring on?

4dca7be187e0d9903ef872445b2b634d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grease the pin and start it into the peg. Then put the spring in place, use a small drift or screwdriver to press the spring in and align it to the pin while you tap the pin through.

• Like 2

I'm always hesitant to break out a hammer. But in this case it was the only way to push the pin past the spring.

If you're using these Monster pegs you'll want to use the Guzzi pin and spring. The pin is longer on the Monster.

I also had to lightly sand the pegs so it would rotate smoothly. That and a touch of white lithium grease. Now it works perfectly. I'm not disappointed with a little fettling for a $10 set!

899e77b105b58b20a8d680d1ff1e976f.jpg

Monster

c91cf8f5ace69cd4ee445883527f5ef9.jpg

Guzzi

I'll get to the other side later. Probably when I have the bike up on the lift to get the front wheel off.

5dd8096bb83b517a7a99aea822e7ec4a.jpg

There is definitely not enough meat on the end for anything. I'll get better pictures later. The size and shape is otherwise spot on.

11d9cccac2ca9342b8ce5da87379b4e1.jpg

This is a left and a right. You can see the ends are the only difference.

4caf5f78feb186a002a3861e5223ebcb.jpg

592f36b2bc00bb2226fa14d1bca017f9.jpg

Great. More bent parts. Did the cast aluminum piece bend or did the muffler bracket? Or both?

The LH exhaust was on the ground, correct? If so, it may have nudged the whole assembly out of alignment a bit (but as footgoose noted, correct alignment is not symmetrical). You could loosen all the exhaust clamps and see if the exhaust wants to shift back to the left a little. You could also remove the bolts that attach the LH hanger to the frame tab - to see if they are still straight.

if yer talking about the offset difference, that is the way it's supposed to be. Right side is set out a bit for the bevel box and shaft.

Ok. The muffle mount was hitting the fender so I took it all off and pulled the footrest out. I should be good now.

Dave, found one but it doesn't have a lens cover.

While this was actually a left/front or right/rear (note the drain hole) it will still work just fine. Thanks again BigBlock!

7151aabece523dc93058ca56e749fbca.jpg

8c0e79bd50edc7744c250214bc294c44.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk