V11 LeMans Fairing

Cdogger

That $800 price isn't out of line. I know.. just how much labor can you do on a motorcycle?? Lots. Trust me. The chemicals are outrageous, too. 

That $800 price isn't out of line. I know.. just how much labor can you do on a motorcycle?? Lots. Trust me. The chemicals are outrageous, too.

$800-$1000 is about what I was expecting considering the damage and the expensive paint job. I was afraid it would be more!

I contacted a company called Brighton Blasting that is located near by here and talked to them about stripping the engine paint. They said they would glass blast it for 100 bucks. What do you guys think?

I think it sounds cheap. The care they take in blasting is more important than the price. One bit of glass in the wrong place and it will be a lot more than $100 to fix it.

I contacted a company called Brighton Blasting that is located near by here and talked to them about stripping the engine paint. They said they would glass blast it for 100 bucks. What do you guys think?

Be aware of this cautionary tale: http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15937

Like swooshdave said, you don't want any blasting grit inside your engine.

Having stripped two of those blocks by hand, I'd say $100 is a well worth it. But is that with the engine in or out of the bike? I think it would be difficult to get it stripped and painted in the bike... and I'll say +1 to Dave and Marty's comments above.

I can't imagine doing it in the bike. Out of the bike.. maybe. If you did all the prep.. and *serious* prep it would be. How about soda blast?