Bought my first Guzzi ... already in love..... :)

GunnerDLR

Hello Gentlemen!

Well, a few months back I began looking for a V11.  Found this site several weeks ago and have been trying to absorb as much knowledge in here as I can.  Found a gorgeous 2002 LeMans a couple weeks back and made a 10 hour road-trip to snatch her up.  I have had a motorcycle for most of my life .... still have an ongoing relationship with a 1980 GS1000E Suzuki that I have had for 20 years .... but although I have only put about 150 miles on the Guzzi, I am hooked.  Absolutely love it!

aDSCF0283_zpsoei8c4n9.jpg

In great shape, about 40k miles (which at first put me off, till i read more about these bikes in this site ...... thanks for all your knowledge!!)

Previous owner even has a spare shift spring in the toolbag!  :)

So, just thought I'd say "Hi!"

Dale

• Like 2

Spare shift spring? Did the p/o say if it has been changed yet?

you don't need to change it if you carry a spare.. :oldgit:LOL..  I wouldn't want to but it can be changed out on the road.

Riverside, the future birthplace of Captain Kirk..  assume you know Jim Figgins? he's expert in Guzzi's..and one of the nicest guys in Iowa!

• Like 1

Spare shift spring? Did the p/o say if it has been changed yet?

you don't need to change it if you carry a spare.. :oldgit:LOL..  I wouldn't want to but it can be changed out on the road.

Riverside, the future birthplace of Captain Kirk..  assume you know Jim Figgins? he's expert in Guzzi's..and one of the nicest guys in Iowa!

HaHa too true foto! I changed mine AND carried a spare. Double confidence. If one is "planning" to do the change roadside, be sure to carry a little pouch of "special" tools for the job, and be sure to read through the roadside spring repair thread.

The rally looks like a nice one>

• Like 1

Thank Guys!

I don't know for sure if the spring has been changed, can only assume it has and this is a spare.  Unfortunately ....and the story gets sad here... I couldn't talk to the original owner.  He passed away last fall, and I bought the bike from his son-in-law, who was selling off the estate.  But this Gentleman was a Guzzi fan from way back.  He had seven Guzzi's in his garage; mine was the fourth sold.  He still had two late 70's T3's (I think that is correct) and a 1969 Ambassador ....  all in just fantastic shape.  A quick search on Oklahoma City Craigslist will bring them up, if anybody is interested.  From what the son-in-law said, Guzzi's were indeed his passion. 

Jim Figgins?  Is he with Ned's Auto & Cycle?  Ned's has been around forever, though now he sells Korean cycles I believe. I need to get over there and say "Hi."

Am definitely going to check out the Elkader rally.  Thanks for the tip!

Dale

I met the PO owner once.  He rode a custom painted blue classic Guzzi and said he owned several Guzzis, didn't internet and connect with many local Guzzi riders.  

I didn't make the connection until his collection came up on Craig's List from a Wild Guzzi post.  I recognized the blue Eldo (or Ambassador).   The best I can tell is that he liked to work on his bikes and custom paint them.  I would guess that it's a primo bike. 

And I have to agree that Elkader is a rally that you want to attend.  You'll do a Saturday evening parade through town.