Six months in on V11 ownership... my thoughts

voycie

Seems you cant buy a v11 tail tidy off the shelf. This is for a yamaha YZF R125. It fits without any modifications aside from drilling for the stop/tail light. The issue is that once you remove the original item, you are left with a square hole in the standard undertray. I overcame this by machining a block which fitted to the original subframe mounts and sits perfectly flush in the hole. I sealed it with black silicone to keep out the spray off the tyre, then fitted the new tail tidy to the original frame mounts. I.e. the block is a large spacer. All can be demounted and returned to standard. I think it helps accenuate the nice rear hump of the v11, plus the standard lamp and indicators seem a bit aprilia parts bin and dont match the quality of the rest of the bike.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

I think your assessment is right. :thumbsup:

I have never felt the need for more power.  Well except on straightaways on a track.  In daily driving I find the power curve to be excellent and all I have done is add a PC-III and Staintunes.  Well, pods too. 

Seems you cant buy a v11 tail tidy off the shelf. This is for a yamaha YZF R125. It fits without any modifications aside from drilling for the stop/tail light. The issue is that once you remove the original item, you are left with a square hole in the standard undertray. I overcame this by machining a block which fitted to the original subframe mounts and sits perfectly flush in the hole. I sealed it with black silicone to keep out the spray off the tyre, then fitted the new tail tidy to the original frame mounts. I.e. the block is a large spacer. All can be demounted and returned to standard. I think it helps accenuate the nice rear hump of the v11, plus the standard lamp and indicators seem a bit aprilia parts bin and dont match the quality of the rest of the bike.

Did you just get one off eBay?

I have the same opinion of my V11.  I've let a few of my trusted friends ride it, who are track-multi-cyl riders, and they come away impressed with it's character and behavior.  It won't win any drag races, yet I can ride all day and aren't worn out.  I tend to ride my V11 more than my 900SS, which I thoroughly enjoy.  Few twistys here in michigan, or too many flat miles to get to twistys, so the V11 is a better fit.

Here you go. Probably should conceal the number plate but dont suppose it matters much

First of all...Welcome to the club!  I got my first MG in 2005.  Only bike I have ridden since and my all time favorite.  Second of all...I really like what you have done with the tail end of your bike.  It looks fantastic!  My stock fender has developed a few cracks that I have been figuring on repairing this season but after seeing your results I am thinking a bit differently now.  I really like the lights you are using.  What brand are they?  Where they a direct fit? Even if I repair and keep the stock rear fender I think I may replace the lights with the ones you have chosen.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Mike, thanks for the warm welcome. Ive ridden and owned scores of bikes over the years and really am enjoying the V11. In fact today l had a bit of fun shaking off a big supermoto on my local twisties - the lemans can definately hold its own when needed! Mind you I chugged back home tonight, visor open and enjoyed a chilled summer ride. Such versatility! Im glad you like the rear end, I actually deliberated for about 2 weeks on what items would give the look I was after. The indicators are Oxford Jupiters and the rear light has the (mot required) integral numberplate light... its a DRC Edge Led light. The bracket was for a yamaha Yzfr 125 which only needs a few holes drilling. Hope that helps!

Hi Mike, thanks for the warm welcome. Ive ridden and owned scores of bikes over the years and really am enjoying the V11. In fact today l had a bit of fun shaking off a big supermoto on my local twisties - the lemans can definately hold its own when needed! Mind you I chugged back home tonight, visor open and enjoyed a chilled summer ride. Such versatility! Im glad you like the rear end, I actually deliberated for about 2 weeks on what items would give the look I was after. The indicators are Oxford Jupiters and the rear light has the (mot required) integral numberplate light... its a DRC Edge Led light. The bracket was for a yamaha Yzfr 125 which only needs a few holes drilling. Hope that helps!

Thanks for the info. For starters I may just try installing the indicators on the stock fender so I would be keeping the stock taillight. From there I can decide on replacing the fender altogether or just repairing it.  I too have ridden and owned all sorts of bikes.  BMWs, Ducatis, Triumphs, Aprilias, along with several Japanese brands. A bit more work owning a Moto Guzzi but, so far, totally worth it! 

• Like 1

Uh, what for? Missing?  :o

HA!  They do loosen up.

Doesn't the rocker shaft have to come out to get to all of them?