A bargain I couldnt pass up, its been mothballed since 1995 and only has 3000 miles on the clock! This is it before I gave it a wash and polish. I think it will end up being one of the nicest VFRs out there once sorted. Not bad for a few hundred pounds!

b251f181d6d358af0f1117a2d9791bf4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Those are wonderful motorcycles! I had a white one for a couple years after the Sport got crashed.

The way the motor made power and I just never connected in that captivating way the V11 affects so many of us. :wub::mg:

d5fdc9fb2332d15435de1d3f6b2b67ad.jpg

Started detailing and recomissioning it. Underneath 20 odd years of dust and cobwebs its in remarkable condition. New tyres and batteries ordered. Fuel flushed...hoping shell fire up next week, and if so Ill have a mint VFR for less than £700 all in. Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

I saw the new 800 Interceptor at the Honda dealer yesterday (in white). It's size and style, and *presence* reminded me directly of my early 90s VFR.

Seems one year (91-93) the US did get a black VFR 750F, but not exactly the one voicie is showing.

One of the things that made it easy for me to let go is I couldn't get to anything to fiddle with it; couldn't balance the intakes. That and it didn;t really want me fiddling with it anyway . . . :glare::luigi:

I saw the new 800 Interceptor at the Honda dealer yesterday (in white). It's size and style, and *presence* reminded me directly of my early 90s VFR.

Seems one year (91-93) the US did get a black VFR 750F, but not exactly the one voicie is showing.

One of the things that made it easy for me to let go is I couldn't get to anything to fiddle with it; couldn't balance the intakes. That and it didn;t really want me fiddling with it anyway . . . :glare::luigi:

When the Kid first got a Guzzi (lowryter's greenie) he said, "This is fun. I can make it better." Never could do that with Japanese bikes.."  :)

Can't improve Japanese bikes? There are tons more after market parts vs Guzzis.  Just because they are more reliable and faster out of the box, doesn't mean you can't improve and customize them.

So far as VFRs go, certainly the RC30 and RC 45 are out of my budget but the pre-VTEC "gear drive" Interceptor  (1998-2001) would seem like a great way to get a budget daily rider that's also an exotic.   Perhaps the only bike that sounds better than a 90 degree V Twin with the right exhaust package?

Can't improve Japanese bikes? There are tons more after market parts vs Guzzis.  Just because they are more reliable and faster out of the box, doesn't mean you can't improve and customize them.

So far as VFRs go, certainly the RC30 and RC 45 are out of my budget but the pre-VTEC "gear drive" Interceptor  (1998-2001) would seem like a great way to get a budget daily rider that's also an exotic.   Perhaps the only bike that sounds better than a 90 degree V Twin with the right exhaust package?

Oh, I was just talking about tuning, John.. you can probably get Honda prophylactics.. :ninja:  :)  Guzzi stuff not so much.

• 2 weeks later...

So ha ving changed all fluids, filters, plugs and a carb strip, the bike fired up and after a couple of minutes warming through settled down and I was feelong pretty pleased about things, until it suddenly started making this noise

https://youtu.be/LFXE4vTE-qM

Not sure what it is but something to do with the drivetrain in the front cylinders. Bugger...