My 2003 V11 Sport Modifications

BLIGHT

Just ordered a used, chipped, rear seat cowl and rear 'fairing' on ebay.... gonna prep and paint them red too when I paint the ebay tank red.

Wish I could find a beat-up but usable front fairing too... anybody got one for cheap? 

I want to keep all of the current body work in original colors for sure.

Swapping out colors is about a 45 minute job, and could 'almost' be like having two V11's!!!

BLIGHT

• Like 1

Looks like I could get a gel-coat fiberglass RZ-350 bikini fairing from AirTech, ($103 USD) and trim it down to look like the V11.

Would still need to get a screen and hardware.

They have a very similar side profile.

Better yet, just wait until a breaker offers a real one for sale on the bay.

BLIGHT

PS: Scrap that RZ350 fairing idea ... it would not look right or fit very well without a lot of fiddling.

Blight-  Try Gustafsson Plastics (St Augustine FL) for a windshield.   I understand that he does custom work as well.  They make several to fit Air Tech fairings.  

And that RZ fairing looks cool.  I'd love to see it on a V11.

https://bikescreen.com/

Apparently, the original fiberglass Stucchi for the early Sport is still available directly from Stucchi Luigi in Mandello.

Agreed, that would interesting to see fitted to a V11!

RZ350_kenny.jpg

But, then, Guard's Red and part of the party dress?

haha... or mebbe a yellow V11 Sport (jelly-bean tank model)? hmmmmm....

My best buddy loves yellow bikes.... Me? I do too, but not so much as to do it to my personal bike.

I'll have a tank, front fairing, seat surround and cowl to paint as a '2nd color fitment option'.

My dream is all red like the Ballabio, but maybe there is something I haven't considered?

BLIGHT

Apparently, the original fiberglass Stucchi for the early Sport is still available directly from Stucchi Luigi in Mandello.

Cool!... I couldn't find it in a brief search. Any links?

BLIGHT

Blight-  Try Gustafsson Plastics (St Augustine FL) for a windshield.   I understand that he does custom work as well.  They make several to fit Air Tech fairings.  

And that RZ fairing looks cool.  I'd love to see it on a V11.

https://bikescreen.com/

Yep.... they do top quality work..... I have their screens on my '86 Honda VF1000R and had one on my '77 Harley XLCR1000 too before I sold it to a guy in Italy!!

Cheers,

BLIGHT

Thanks for that website. I just scrolled through it and noticed that they sell a new transmission case (I mention it, since it you had to weld yours recently.)

@Blight - the Sport is looking sweet. Will be fun to see it in red.

Thanks for that website. I just scrolled through it and noticed that they sell a new transmission case (I mention it, since it you had to weld yours recently.)

My transmission case was never welded.... what gives?

That comment was directed at LowRyter, who went through a rough process getting his cracked case welded. Pardon the confusion and off-topic post.  

Keep up the good work on your project.   :thumbsup:

That comment was directed at LowRyter, who went through a rough process getting his cracked case welded. Pardon the confusion and off-topic post.  

Keep up the good work on your project.   :thumbsup:

Thanks!