My 2003 V11 Sport Modifications

BLIGHT

I use DP.  Being a photo hobbyist.  I am not sure they allow as many photos that some us post, particularly you DIY guys. 

Chuck, I am sorry that your aero photos are being held.  I assume that you are writing about your online copies and you have the orginal photos backed up on your home system?

I think one of my big gripes is that through Win 10 or perhaps by upgrading some applications, that my photos have been sent into some online systems and they are feed back to me on various pop ups and the like.  It does seem like it violates my privacy.  Now I can just imagine those guys getting my photos, then I rely on it, then lose the originals by neglect or omission, and then they sell me back my own photos.

Chuck, I am sorry that your aero photos are being held.  I assume that you are writing about your online copies and you have the orginal photos backed up on your home system?

Oh, sure, I have all my pictures.. it's just that "those threads are worthless without pitchers.." There was a *lot* of time and effort involved in documenting all that stuff.

I use DP.  Being a photo hobbyist.  I am not sure they allow as many photos that some us post, particularly you DIY guys. 

I think one of my big gripes is that through Win 10 or perhaps by upgrading some applications, that my photos have been sent into some online systems and they are feed back to me on various pop ups and the like.  It does seem like it violates my privacy.  Now I can just imagine those guys getting my photos, then I rely on it, then lose the originals by neglect or omission, and then they sell me back my own photos.

May be Google Photos? (formerly Picasa).... they backup every photo to their cloud that I take with my phone immediately, and I can look at them on any computer or phone and attach them in emails after logging in. Kind of nice, as I'm not so prone to back up, transfer or download photos from the phone on a minute by minute basis.

I need to figure out how to use the 'IMG' hosting in Google Photos. They say it's possible but takes a couple of steps.

BLIGHT 

May be Google Photos? (formerly Picasa).... they backup every photo to their cloud that I take with my phone immediately, and I can look at them on any computer or phone and attach them in emails after logging in. Kind of nice, as I'm not so prone to back up, transfer or download photos from the phone on a minute by minute basis.

I need to figure out how to use the 'IMG' hosting in Google Photos. They say it's possible but takes a couple of steps.

BLIGHT 

I have google.  I have Win 10.  I have lots of photo s/w that I used once and never used again.  All I know is I get thrown back with my own photos via pop ups, e-mails and that silly windows 10 app thing that's in the start up menu and the like.  It does seem like they're taking my privacy but I just ignore it.  

Like Chuck says, it's a real shame when you post all this stuff and *pooooof*  all gone . I mean I was pissed off when I posted those Pink Floyd concert photos on Wild Guzzi and someone whined about it and took it down.  You spend time putting it up and it's gone.

No luck with google so far

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

I got the same message using Imgur last night. Turned out all I needed to do was add a space after the  (link text) and a space before the last and it worked.

There are a few web pages I found that said Google Photos could be hosted on forums. I tried it and it didn't work immediately, but I'll keep messing with it. I don't think Google is going anywhere soon.

I'm still mad at PhotoBucket, and ready for them to kick the bucket.

We're talking about hundreds of posts on various motorcycle forums... all toast now, with just my blathering text and now a silly PhotoBucket icon (where my pics were in the threads) demanding payment to 'unlock' them.

No advance warning, just out of the blue... "This is a stick-up" Hands up! oh, and give us $60 per year ransom, until you're dead.

BLIGHT

I went down this rabbit hole a couple of years ago.  Since I also have multiple computers and travel, I decided to buy a Dropbox account. 

I host my own pictures which link to forums very easily, all of my stuff is available to me what ever computer or cell phone I'm on and there's no ads or fluff.

It does cost me $120/yr however.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey dudes...latest modifications:

Removed plastic side covers, removed airbox & paper filter, relocated airbox-temp sensor up near steering head, and installed K&N red pod filters.

oKwFSBe.jpg

Removed only a couple of pounds of weight, but looks 20 lbs lighter visually as you can now see thru the bike, and it should breathe easier too!

Cheers,

BLIGHT

PS: BTW, I had a gathering of friends here for the USA WSBK/MotoAM races this weekend and they unanimously asked me to keep it the 'wineberry' color!!

I have to admit, I have been getting really nice compliments on it wherever I go. The purple color is growing on me as well... pretty gorgeous!

I still have the other V11 tank (ebay) that I stripped and is ready for the 'guards-red' paint I bought...

I'm gonna go ahead and paint it since I already bought the paint and gold decals.

I will try it on the bike and see if I love it more than the purple. We'll see!

• Like 2

How's she run with those pods?

Only ridden a short distance, but it seems to make little or no difference.

A longer harder ride will tell, and I may need to upload a different map if it's getting more air.

No popping on decel, so it must not be too lean in the idle settings.

I'm going to fab some small (mostly hidden) tabs to secure the rear of the pods... don't want them flopping around and potentially coming loose.

BLIGHT

I don't understand why they keep the red pork chops on the non-green bikes.

Weren't most all of the V11's fitted with red pork chops?

I had planned to paint them wrinkle black in my PhotoShop doodling, but I think they look pretty cool the way they are.

There are a couple of cracks in the thick coating but I took a red Sharpie and colored them in.... not noticeable now.

BLIGHT