Rear Brake Lever Adjustment

swooshdave

35400873380_bb3015d1b5_o.png

REAR BRAKE CONTROL PEDAL ADJUSTMENT

Check that the control pedal “A” travels freely for about 5÷10 mm before the end part of rod “B” gets in touch with the brake master cylinder’s floater; if this is not so, suitably adjust the length of the small rod “B” by tightening and loosening it, after having loosened check-nut “C”. Should you want to adjust the pedal position “A”, loosen screw “D” and work on cam “E”. After this procedure it is necessary to adjust the length of rod “B” in order to obtain the prescribed backlash. 

So set the brake rod to get 5-10mm free play and then adjust the cam to set the brake lever position?

That's what it says. However.. when you change the cam you'll probably have to change the length B. All you are doing is making sure the piston is able to fully retract and uncover the orifice.

Some folks  like their pedal higher or lower (I like mine as far down as I can get it to limit over braking the rear).

In that case you can set the desired pedal piston, then adjust the actuating rod length to get the freeplay.

Thanks, g!

As long as you're fettling the brake control, pull the rubber caps off both ends for a good clean and seal. As gstallons always reminds us: NO petroleum products around brake parts (silicon only)!

post-328-0-30193400-1376618148.jpg

I just installed some lowered pegs and need to lower the control pedal A. However adjusting the cam E isnt enough. What do you do then? Maybe that is what Docc explained, but I didn't quite understand it...