2004 Moto Guzzi Ballabio

fotoguzzi

I know most if not all the positives of a V11 but what are the con's of a

2004 Moto Guzzi Ballabio?

I like the bars over clip ons to start, not too jazzed about the fairing way out front but could live with it.

this one no where near as pretty as the 2002 red Lemans I had but I could live with it.

one negative I've heard of is the ITI(?)gauges..

fotoguzzi back in the V11 fold? :mg:   This is a beautiful thing!  :grin:

Sure, the cable drive and the ITI are no more reliable than the earlier angle drives and the Veglia. And if you can live with the frame mounted headlamp and instruments, they are probably more "stable" at speed along with the handlebars.

Some find the 5.5" rear rim better suited for a 170 than the 180, but that's easy to change.

so . . .  is it red or grey?

I don't think it would be too hard to fit brackets for a bar-mounted light and flyscreen - a member is parting out a greenie right now, so you might be able to get the whole assembly including the sturdier metal headlight bucket.  

You'd have the front crossover exhaust pipe as a potential failure, but you can fit headers from earlier bikes without the crossovers.

Wow, that looks like a great deal for a low-mile, well-equipped bike. Ohlins shock, Mistral Carbon exhaust, older headers (no crossover), bar-end mirrors, wide footpegs, different horn.

Downside appears to be: missing the pillion seat cover.

Go have a look - but don't let them take your DR650.

Well, oval CF canisters, but what are they? Actually Mistral? M4? They don't look like the cf-wrapped stock LaFranconi.

Tiny pod air filters, so the stock airbox is gone along with the sidecovers. All of these things can be made right. But, pull the seat and assess: Power Commander? Relays? Stray wiring added?

Price is right, so all can be made good!

Look at picture 8.  I dont think I have ever seen anyone put the breather up there! 

When I see something like that it makes me wonder what other silly things might have been done.

I think that round chrome thing might be a horn, not a breather vent. Fotoguzzi can inspect it for us.

Looked a little ratty in person. and like it was ridden hard.. I don't believe/trust the mileage either, the motor slightly dirty with oil. they should have tried to clean it up. I won't judge if the breather works that way but it sure looks funky. had bar risers that were slightly tweaked, maybe a tip over. rim painted and it's flaking off..duct tape around the headlight ring..

salesman says he's friends with the owner who was not the original owner. so at least 2 owners..again skeptical of the mileage.

He doesn't have the airbox or any other pieces. 

It did have a roper plate !

glad I looked but not for me..

2017101713205547-IMG_3201-L.jpg

2017101713205547-IMG_3203-L.jpg

2017101713205547-IMG_3204-L.jpg

Look at picture 8.  I dont think I have ever seen anyone put the breather up there! 

When I see something like that it makes me wonder what other silly things might have been done.

I think that round chrome thing might be a horn, not a breather vent. Fotoguzzi can inspect it for us.

What I was looking at is right behind the handlebars/clamps. It looks like one of the K&N type breather filters.