Cycle World

LowRyter

The Sport and LeMans are the "BEST USED BIKES" (p.63). 

Just a small blurb. Didn't know there was a Sport in Guzzi yellow.  Fake news. Oddly enough, my 1200 Bandit is listed as "The Competition".  Uhhm, perhaps.

• Like 2

So, you ended up two "competing" bikes? That is no surprise . . . shows good taste and sound judgement! :thumbsup:

Certainly, there were no V11 in yellow.  Some of the last of the 1100 Sport-i (Corsa) were yellow. And there were yellow and black Centauro.

Maybe when Swooshdave gets all those pesky real life distractions under control, he Pho-shop us a yellow V11 Sport . . . :grin:

It can be difficult getting the green on the image.  I've found my phone does a better job than my DSLR for snaps.  Sometimes I have to play with the WB to "blue it up" a little. 

The V11 Green is surely hard to photograph. luhbo has captured some great images (looking like HDR).

That said, I think swooshdave is actually trying to make that image look like the mythical "Guzzi yellow" V11 that no one has ever seen.

LowRyter, did Cycle World print any images of V11 in their article?

The V11 designer, Luciano Marabese, loved that monoposto tail section. It was integral to his pièce de resistance design of the V11 Sport, reflecting the racing Gambalunghino of 1949.

While the V11Green color, and RedFrame, pay homage to the V7 Sport Telaio Rosso of 1971, the design inspiration for the V11 goes deeper into Moto Guzzi's racing heritage.

Looking forward to "reading" the CycleWorld article. A buddy of mine shares his past issues with me, so it could be a few months . . .

The sorry thing is that those folks might only be looking at online images and "thought"  the early V11 Sport was "yellow", but we all know:

it just ain't so. :oldgit:

Ask any Greenie.

(BTW, the "Greenie" probably isn't the V11-its-own-self, but its dedicated steward.)  :thumbsup::mg::whistle:

The "yellow" one is just a prototype. There's another (better) pic in The Encyclopedia of Motorcycles by E Tragatsch. It's shot in the sunlight and has red wheels. Not really yellow, but not the green that made production. God, I'd love to have that solo saddle.