V11 Exhaust System on Sport 1100s

kristians

Hi,

It's my impression V11 exhausts won't fit on 5-speed spineys due to gearbox dimensions or something like that; is that right?

I ask as only the miserable Mistral 2xLoop crossover is left for 5-Sp. spineys; no Stucchis. The idea would be V11 headers into a V11 Stucchi on a Sport 11. Or, simply go with Däs Mototec's expensive full system.

Thanks,

Kristian

It won't fit.

Why not? I have reports from people running V11 headers and crossovers on Daytona and Sports, so there is contradiction.

You have to remember that Paul is a very experienced fabricator. It might be such as it can be made to fit. 

I wonder if the interference is the clearance behind the gearbox for the stock crossover hanger (?) :huh2:

The 5speeder is longer and the shift input is from the rear (not the left side like a v11 6speeder.

It isn't going to just bolt up, so if that is your expectation it won't fit. But with some work, possibly some cutting and / or welding I have no doubt it can be made to fit.

The real question is why? What do you hope to gain?

An easier proposition might be to take the V11 headers and crossover, get them to fit, and then fab up some mufflers for it. 

One common important consideration is what do you modify in such a project. My experience and preference is to modify the bolt on parts, in this case the exhaust system instead of modifying the bike itself, like the exhaust hangers and other mounting brackets. But which way you go can affect how easy or hard it is to do, as well as how easy or hard it is to undo.