NGK plug caps on OEM wires

antmanbee

2 hours ago, docc said:

I sourced a metal end to crimp to the wire core folded over the side and plug into the coil.

You know, from a real parts store. The dimly lit kind with greasy hardwood floors and a handful of guys that know where little parts are stowed in cardboard boxes on plywood shelves.  :oldgit:

IMG_5911.jpg

Sadly, those parts stores and getting harder and harder to find docc. We have only a couple left here. Used to be several in town. Really miss the ones that are gone 😢. I think I have some leftover 7 & 8mm ends around somewhere in my super organized (not) garage. I assume that's a 7mm spark plug end? Thanks gstallions, I have a couple crimpers too.

3 hours ago, docc said:

I sourced a metal end to crimp to the wire core folded over the side and plug into the coil.

You know, from a real parts store. The dimly lit kind with greasy hardwood floors and a handful of guys that know where little parts are stowed in cardboard boxes on plywood shelves.  :oldgit:

that's a Guzzi shop docc...

2 hours ago, docc said:

IMG_5911.jpg

You know docc up until very recently we had one of these exact shops in the heart of the Melbourne CBD run by a lady in her 90's. Imagine in a City of almost 6 million you are walking down one of the main streets surrounded by skyscraper and you come across a small dusty wooden floored shop front full of stuff for 1950's British bikes with a 90 something year old lady serving at the counter that had been there since 1955. This from 2013, she died a few years ago I believe and the shops finally gone now, mores the pity.

https://talesofbrickandmortar.com/2017/10/01/modak-motorcycles-est-1930/

https://www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/about-melbourne/celebrating-melbourne/lord-mayors-commendations/previous-recipients/Pages/-2013-Platinum-recipients-.aspx

Ciao

• Like 1

Wow, what a lovely story, but a sad ending. I see people trying to have stores that "look" like this now. But they aren't really genuine.

modak32of43.jpg?w=768

modak12of43.jpg?w=768

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gstallons said:

Is this store where you live ?

(Just to clarify, I copied these images from the first link Lucky Phil posted to the store he spoke of in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.)