How About Some Pics from The Roads Down Under

Kane

Bedding in new FAC cartridges & IKON shock upgrades out beyond Westdale Rd to Beverley, Western Australia

2BF36E99-74E2-4F4F-A1AD-DB62FDFE7810.jpeg

Monza riding isn’t about alacrity - it’s all about holding maximal momentum cornering with telepathic inputs - & just savouring its amazingly durable Lino Tonti engineering design & Paolo Martin’s impeccably sweet styling 

The rider position is surprisingly comfortable too

Go figure - I love riding it

• Like 2

Yes, all of that, exactly. :thumbsup:

My V35 Imola, identical to the Monza exept for the motor and primary drive ratio, has even less power than the Monza. Allegedly 33 Cavalli, of which probably several less than 30 are really there.

But boy is it fun to ride. I love it. :)

• Like 2

This video seems to match this thread. Sound quality isn't the best but a nice ride video overall. I would really consider owning one of these "Baby Lemans", plenty of Guzzi character to be fun to ride.

4 hours ago, Joe said:

This video seems to match this thread.

Indeed. That is most definitely Australia. The bloke has another video posted showing "a ride into the city, Melbourne", so his territory is apperantly, as I thought from the first video, withing range of Melbourne. At a guess, I'd say north-east of the Greater Metropolitan Area (Kinglake or maybe further up towards Seymour), but it might also be further west.

Homesick now.... :unsure:

PS: yes, the sound quality is pretty ratty, lots of wind noise and crap. In the clearer moments, however, you do get a pretty good idea of how those things sound for the rider. :)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, audiomick said:

Indeed. That is most definitely Australia. The bloke has another video posted showing "a ride into the city, Melbourne", so his territory is apperantly, as I thought from the first video, withing range of Melbourne. At a guess, I'd say north-east of the Greater Metropolitan Area (Kinglake or maybe further up towards Seymour), but it might also be further west.

Those names all seem like such stark, ordinary "English."  :nerd:

@guzzler hasn't been putting us on with all Poonyang and Nayook-to-Noojee business ?!? :whistle:

10 minutes ago, docc said:

@guzzler hasn't been putting us on with all Poonyang and Nayook-to-Noojee business ?!? :whistle:

Ha ha

Nah all ridgey didge Doc....!

Audiomick even knows and has been on these tongue twisters.....

And they are just as twisty eh!

Cheers Guzzler

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, docc said:

No, he hasn't. I've been to Noojee. The father of a mate of mine, he was a bit of a recluse, lived in Tanjil Bren. Look here, Noojee on the lower left, Tanjil Bren upper right.

https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/5704950553#map=12/-37.8683/146.0893

Zoom out for the big picture. Beautiful country. Practically undisturbed bushland. :)

Incidentely, the second Video with the V50 III that Joe posted is not Australia. Probably Britain. The trees are wrong, you don't see stone walls in Australia, and the number plates on the cars are too long for Australia.

• Like 1

@guzzler : is the road up to Tanjil Bren still dirt? We went up there a number of times in my brother's Suzuki Sierra, which was enormous fun, but I wouldn't have liked to have to get up there on a road bike.

6 minutes ago, audiomick said:

@guzzler : is the road up to Tanjil Bren still dirt? We went up there a number of times in my brother's Suzuki Sierra, which was enormous fun, but I wouldn't have liked to have to get up there on a road bike.

Tanjil Bren

Neat wee spot, we stayed in a fantastic log cabin up there for a couple of days about 7 years ago.

All sealed mate, we've been here 9 years and it was sealed then.

Funny we did it in a Suzuki Grand Vitara too!

Cheers 

Ps the Vic Guzzi club get up there a bit but I've not ridden it myself.Ride up to Noojee a bit though.

Well, if it's sealed now, get up there on the bike. There's no straight bits on that road. :grin:

When I was up there, it was in the late 80's or thereabouts. The road was blue-metal or gravel. Good fun in the Sierra, but not that appealing on a road bike. :)

• Like 1

True. Pity I haven't got any of that part of the country. :whistle:

@ScuRoo

out beyond Westdale Rd to Beverley, Western Australia

Do you live down there somewhere? I did a trip out of Perth with my girlfriend at the time, who was visiting in Perth for a couple of months, about 35 years ago. I don't remember much, but I know we were in Margaret River and Collie. Beautiful country. :)

• Like 1

It's a great day to head up there and grab a few photos too, especially as I have a 4 x day week-end...!

Alas I have 5 x ton of wood to cut ( not all  at once  though) for the coming winter and a new oven being installed tomorrow.

Bugger

Guzzler 

• Like 1