Classic Tank Badge

al_roethlisberger

Like to echo that!

Thanks for the additional info on the Red issue too!

BTW isn't it going to be tricky taking the sideplates off? Won't there be an alignment issue?  :huh:

Nige.  B)

34099[/snapback]

Yep, not hard though, and there's a whole thread on the subject in the "How To" forum ;)

Thanks for the compliments. I'll have to get some current photos one of these days with the "correct" red plates and covers installed :bike:

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just curious as to how those Rizoma reservoirs are holding up now that some time has passed? I really want a set for my Rosso Mandello along with a set of the 851 mirrors. I just got my 15 year bonus check from work & I feel a need for a little bling on my bike :!: :pic: Anyone else have Rizoma reservoirs or mirrors, I'd love to get your opinions :thumbsup:

The reservoirs are holding up fine, but the little plastic sight windows tend to decay.

The first set I had started to dissolve in about 2 years(I think), although they never leaked. But given time, I'm sure they would have.

The second set is fine so far, but don't know what they'll be like long term. I figure that if this set goes bad, cracks, etc... I'll just get some aluminum blanks and put in them. I don't really need sight windows anyway with these as they are so dark inside it's hard to tell anyway :huh2:

al

The reservoirs are holding up fine, but the little plastic sight windows tend to decay.

The first set I had started to dissolve in about 2 years(I think), although they never leaked.  But given time, I'm sure they would have.

The second set is fine so far, but don't know what they'll be like long term.  I figure that if this set goes bad, cracks, etc... I'll just get some aluminum blanks and put in them.  I don't really need sight windows anyway with these as they are so dark inside it's hard to tell anyway  :huh2:

al

48929[/snapback]

Thats odd :huh2: you'd think they would put the right kind of plastic in that little window. I'm probably getting them anyway lol. As for the valve covers & pork chops, I'm glad you mentioned yours were powder coated. I'll get that done too as mine are getting some chips in the paint. I'd like to get the exhaust coated too but I'll wait for winter :thumbsup:

Al, where you get the oil radiator covers? Enquiring minds want to know.

48933[/snapback]

I don't know, as I don't have any :P

...maybe you are thinking of another bike :huh2:

But that being said, I would love to have the simple, understated version that came on the Rosso Mandello.

al

I'm thinking that after 01' they ran out of radiator covers :lol: I have one and its nice that its there. I like your tank badge idea BUT I'd like it even more if you went a lil modern retro like you just went out and bought some nice raised indivdual letters maybe billet alum and glued them on like some cars badges on the trunk I have no Picture of this just something I've thought about. It'd look sweet. Who knows tho really :huh2:

:P I vote for w/o Eagle.

Al, got my speed bleeders but wrong size for my front brakes-- I ordered again tonight!  How many miles you got on that beautiful bike Al?

49021[/snapback]

Well, this "poll" is from waaaay last year, so thanks for the feedback, but it's been a done deal for a long time now :D

As mentioned somewhere back in the thread, I went with the "Moto Guzzi" classic badge only, no eagle. I think it looks very clean :bike:

al