Classic Tank Badge

al_roethlisberger

Here's a side-by-side comparison....

...just as an aside, I agree that in the photo the eagle badged version does look better. But in person, since the eagle is just a decal, and the "Moto Guzzi" is bas relief in metal(gold at that)... they don't quite "go" together so well as I continue to take it in over time :unsure:

Anyway, it's not a big deal. When I get the tank painted, I can always add the eagle later if I want to, although it's certainly better to have it under the clear-coat, I have several if they get knicked up.

I'm starting to think that overall, the logo all by it's lonesome looks the cleanest :huh2:

Ahh well, I have several weeks yet ^_^ ....after all, the tank just left England last week :P

In any case, as I mentioned, eagle or no eagle... I was really pleasantly surprised by how good these things looked on the bike... like they always belonged there B)

al

side_by_side_eagle_no_eagle.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

where'd ya get the fancy brake/clutch reseviors?

Rizoma reservoirs, but I had to go get some rubber/metal bushings from a motorcycle wrecking yard to make their brackets fit the threaded mounts on the bars, and stay in place <_>

Anyway, I like 'em, but I have to replace the observation windows in them, as the original plexiglass ones cracked. They sent new ones, but they're sitting under a layer of dust on my work bench :P That's next on my project list, along with installing the speed-bleeders :luigi:

al

Do you know the Badge of the "Nero Corsa"?

Well, although I haven't seen one in person.... based on the Rosso Corsas I have seen, and the photos of the Nero Corsa....

I would guess it is the red and gold Moto Guzzi oval logos :huh2:

v11nc_01.jpg

Guest John T

Those raised letters are gonna kill your aerodynamics. I wouldn't want the performance hit just for a fancy badge off some old Guzzi. :huh:

Nice pics, Al. Thanks.

I am one of those "like 'em stock" kinda guys, but must admit your mods are pleasing to the eye.

Do wonder -- again likely stemming from my "stock" rut -- how (and why) you keep your exhausts/headers so pristine?

Cleanliness is a virtue, but those are almost virginal (another state with its own charm, of course. ;) ). Just wondered, as I don't mind the "used blue" look.

Bill

Sorry, Al, I don't like them. Too retro, and your bike doesn't really have a retro theme going on.

But, since you seem to like them, and will likely keep them, then I will say that they look better sans eagle. Only because the eagle is flat and looks awkward with the raised logo.

....wow, so many "off topic" questions ^_^

Heh, no worries, let me see if I can answer them all in one post B)

Those raised letters are gonna kill your aerodynamics. I wouldn't want the performance hit just for a fancy badge off some old Guzzi. 

...yeah :unsure: I know, I know... I'm pretty concerned about that myself. It might negate all of my "performance mods" :wacko:

Not sure what to do about that yet. I'm thinking about building up a CF "deflector" in front of the badge :not:

:rolleyes: (Good one John :bier: )

Where di the seat unit come from, and what does it do to height?

Heh, yeah, this is the "star crossed" Corbin V11 Seat :(

More here: Forum Corbin Seat Advisory FAQ

BTW, I haven't spoken to the Corbin folks since last year on this. Has anyone taken their bike back down to the factory to have them make a new version that fits the 2002+ bikes?

The still erroneously state on the website that the seat doesn't fit the new "LeMans" models, while not clearly and correctly stating that the problem is with late model V11 Sports of all varieties :unsure:

Do wonder -- again likely stemming from my "stock" rut -- how (and why) you keep your exhausts/headers so pristine?

Cleanliness is a virtue, but those are almost virginal (another state with its own charm, of course.  ). Just wondered, as I don't mind the "used blue" look.

Jet Hot my man.... Jet Hot :thumbsup: No "cleaning" necessary :sun:

Forum Exhaust Coatings Thread

Well, thanks for the thoughts, advice, and kind words! I found them all very helpful, and once the used 2003 tank comes in, get's painted, etc... I'll post pics.

Well, that's not really a surprise is it? :lol:

Now I just have to decide whether to put a metallic gray or red stripe on top of the tank where the OEM stripe is on the 2003 tank :huh2: I'm leaning toward the same gray that's on the various bodywork.

al

• 5 months later...
Guest Thundering Subash

So nice to see this site back on line. Now I can get my daily V11 fix again.

Found this thread looking for something else.

Just wondering Al, what kind of bar end weights you have (they look a little more substantial and add a bit of classy bling to your bike). :P: And are they to your liking in terms of vibration reduction, etc. :bike:

I've been thinking about changing the OE ones for some heftier ones for some time now. While it isn't as bad as when the bike was newer, my hands still tend to fall asleep on longer trips.

-Chris

:mg:

Al,

I like the new badges! I have to say I would go NO eagle. If the eagle were dimensional, as well, that would be great, but otherwise it makes the badges look added-on and not as clean. Less is more!

-Mike

Heh, thanks for the current opinions guys :P ....but this thread/question was over 6 months ago.... and the 2003 tank has long since been painted, and fitted with just the "Moto Guzzi" badges.... no eagle :bike:

More info here: 2003 Tank Retrofit Thread

By the way, what is the "thingie" on the right side of the fairing?

...well, not knowing exactly to which "thingie" you are referring, I will assume you are referring to the Powerlet Outlet I have installed. This is used for an easy quick-connect to my battery trickle-charger, and a power hookup for any future heated garments, etc...

al