Classic Tank Badge

al_roethlisberger

Well, I received the "classic" metal "Moto Guzzi" tank badges today, ground off the mounting pins, and flattened them out a bit.... and temporarily mounted one with tape for a "test fitting" to see how it would look.

In my opinion, they look AWESOME... honestly, very classy. I can't decide whether the eagle decal is a keeper or not with the metal badge, but I think I can say definitively that I'll be using these metal badges on the new 2003 tank when I get it repainted :thumbsup:

closeup_badge.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I admit, I was skeptical about the badges. But, They do look good! I think th eagle is a keeper. I assume it is a decal?

OK, I admit, I was skeptical about the badges. But, They do look good! I think th eagle is a keeper. I assume it is a decal?

...yeah, I think so too, and was equally surpised at how good it looked. Goes really well with the rest of the bike, much better than the original tank decal IMHO.

But yep, the "eagle" is the stock decal. The metal badge is covering the silver "Moto Guzzi" decal in the photo.

I like the eagle, but it might be easier to just go with the badge, and I think it would still look good either way :huh2:

al

... heh ^_^ Yeah, I like to keep it that way B)

So, BTW, if anyone likes they way these badges look... as you can probably tell from the photos, they will just perfectly cover the original decal, so you can stick them over top in a few minutes :bike:

They are $19 new each from MG-Cycle... and I've seen them for about the same or slightly less on eBay from time to time.

al

... heh ^_^ Yeah, I like to keep it that way B)

So, BTW, if anyone likes they way these badges look... as you can probably tell from the photos, they will just perfectly cover the original decal, so you can stick them over top in a few minutes :bike:

They are $19 new each from MG-Cycle... and I've seen them for about the same or slightly less on eBay from time to time.

al

Ok...ok...You've got I nice bike there.

But do not do too much on the bike. Otherwise It will become too proletary.

ciao

(you bastard, you've got a Öhlins in the front! I wonna it tooooooo)

love your bike :thumbsup::mg:

Guest dkgross

YES to the eagle. Much better.

where'd ya get the fancy brake/clutch reseviors?

and yes...the Ohlins again... :P:

Al,

I'd have to say my favourite modification of your is the polished edge on the wheels. Very nice.

Too bad one could not find a metal reproduction of the eagle emblem. It would be the best way to have all of it raised.

Ciao, Steve G.