MG Ti exhaust & ECU set-up

belfastguzzi

I thought someone on forum mentioned FBF (Fast by Ferracci) had the Ti kit on their web site, on sale even. i looked and show'nuff it was there, $777 if i rekkon right. That was about 2 weeks ago. If the have them on sale you would think they have it in stock. :huh2:

For the MG Ti cans kit

I have been given a costing of "around £1,200" from Motomecca. That is a lot more expensive than I had expected, from what people have said here.

So I guess that's a no-no then.

$2,200 ?!

:o:homer:

For the MG Ti cans kit

I have been given a costing of "around £1,200" from Motomecca. That is a lot more expensive than I had expected, from what people have said here.

So I guess that's a no-no then.

$2,200 ?!

:o:homer:

Belfastguzzi, read this thread. They speak of a completely different price in the UK

Thread

Guest pasturej

Have you considered the Mistrals instead? Nicely made and very good value if you order them direct from Mistral for delivery in the UK - certainly a lot cheaper than buying from a parts shop.

Where did you order?...: how was your tuning done. Was it the TPS business?

Quoted about £770 inc vat as I recall. Spares GB in London. Sometimes get stuff from Motomecca too. Could also try TLM in Holland, very helpful.

I went for MG kit cos I haven't a clue about fi maps & the like & don't want start fiddling with ecu/pc11's etc etc...Add up prices of other cans + pc11 - thought it was a good deal. Can't seem to get any idea if they'll ever turn up tho...

Dunno how he sorted the FI, trade secret...think it involved a gas analyser & TPS...

KB :sun:

Was it the TPS business?

Throttle Position Sensor - tells the ECU where the butterflies are in relation to their extremes(open/closed), so the ECU can then deliver the proper amount of fuel.

al

After looking for more information, it appears that the proper diagnostics software is required to set everything up properly. So any old garage with an exhaust analyser probably can't do it then? For me, that would mean a ferry to Britain and a trip to maybe London (as per Baldini).

It would be interesting to hear more from people who have fitted the Guzzi kit as a 'plug and play' without further adjustments. How has it performed?