Needed for a Scura

GuzzBun

Hi guys and gals - this is my first post.

I live in Portsmouth, UK and I'm trying to get hold of the following items for my V11 Sport Scura:

Moto Guzzi titanium cans and ecu.

Carbon alternator cover.

Carbon rear hugger

Any idea where I can get them from? I understand that MG are no longer making the titanium cans and ecu.

Robin Sharman

I understand that MG are no longer making the titanium cans and ecu.

Robin Sharman

Really? It's still listed as an accessory on the website I believe??

I had heard this suggested once before, but has anyone confirmed this? Barring their just discontinuing it for some odd reason, I can certainly see supplies in limbo what with Aprilia/MG's financial issues, but not just stopping the production of the part. It was, after all, a pretty popular option as far as I can tell :huh2:

I don't know about the CF alternator cover(although I have seen them), but the CF hugger is available at MG-Cycle:

http://www.mgcycle.com/V11Sport.html

Keep in mind that the alternator cover on these bikes takes quite a beating because our front fender is soooo short in the rear. CF already is a poor material for street bike applications(IMHO) in regard to durability, so a CF alternator cover's clearcoat will get eaten up fast.

I've already repainted my standard gray aluminum alternator cover once this year from rock blasting... and that poor little chrome eagle.... just beat to hell :rolleyes:

al

I don't know about the CF alternator cover(although I have seen them), but the CF hugger is available at MG-Cycle:

http://www.mgcycle.com/V11Sport.html

Keep in mind that the alternator cover on these bikes takes quite a beating because our front fender is soooo short in the rear.  CF already is a poor material for street bike applications(IMHO) in regard to durability, so a CF alternator cover's clearcoat will get eaten up fast. 

I've already repainted my standard gray aluminum alternator cover once this year from rock blasting... and that poor little chrome eagle....  just beat to hell  :rolleyes:

al

MG cycles also carries the carbon fiber alternator cover. I think the carbon fiber cover will hold up just fine. Just clean it up and clearcoat it once and a while. :bier: I plan to purchase one myself (gram junkie)!

http://www.mgcycle.com/charging.html

Mike

There is a set of used titanium pipes/cans on ebay right now. No ecu but if the price was right, just use a PCIII.

Started at $99US.

Rj

Butt they look a little rough! :homer: Or I would buy them myself! :homer:

Mike

Thanks for your help guys - all good stuff. Couldn't find the cans on ebay, but if they looked a bit ruff, then I wouldn't want them - call me picky!

My supplier in UK (Motomecca) tried to get them from Italy, and were told that they're not planning to make any more - something to do with cash flow and Aprilia - just when we thought things were looking better for Guzzi - Oh well...

Thanks again - happy riding

Robin

The Titanum pipe kit for 00-02 models is still available in the U.S.

Be advised, however, that UK version is probably different.

(ECU differences on catalyzed bikes vs. non-catalyzed U.S. models).

U.S. part number is 97326090009.

The cans on ebay are item number 7902087332 .

Have a couple dings on the bottoms but look pretty good. Don't look too beat up, maybe Mike is looking to scoop them at the wire... ;)

If they stay at $99 I'll buy them!

cheers,

Ryan

Any of the second-hand American kits that I have enquired about have not been the right one for the Scura. Pity, as they have been good prices. (I don't know about these e-bay ones, haven't seen them.)

Also there is either an unwillingness to dispatch to a destination outside of USA, or else it just costs too much.

Otherwise, the response here seems to be that they are unavailable and may not be made anymore. TLM said they could supply, but in a vague, general, hopeful sort of way. They did not confirm anything definite. If no-one else can get them from Italy, I don't see how TLM could.