Transmission recall service.

activpop

Yaaa Hoooo...

Out of nowhere... after a 2nd prodding...

Good Morning Victor,

This campaign has already been performed on 5/26/2004, which included a complete gearbox replacement.

Best,

Steven Espinoza

E-commerce Sales (Aprilia & Moto Guzzi)

Credits & Rebates / Consumer Affairs

olm://attachment/AQADAAAAyQAAAAAAAAAAGgmvAAAAAAAA1AAAAAAArNSXAAAAAACvCRoAAAAAAKzUlwMAAIAAAAAALXZpY3RpbTE3N0Bob3RtYWlsLmNvbV9BY3RpdmVTeW5jTWljcm9zb2Z0X0h4Uw%3D%3D/AQADAAABagAAAAAAAAAAIQmvAAAAAAABZwAAAAAArNO-AAAAAACvCSEAAAAAAKzTvgMAAIAAAAAALXZpY3RpbTE3N0Bob3RtYWlsLmNvbV9BY3RpdmVTeW5jTWljcm9zb2Z0X0h4Uw%3D%3D

860 Washington St, 9th Floor

New York, NY 10014

M: 212-380-4400

• Like 2

Gaaaa !

Put the cove on. W 4 bolts... rolled it around and went thru all 6 gears...down to first ..back up to N. Took the cover into garage and carefully-neatly applied sealant,,.cover would NOT go back on !:( !...tried rolling it...ITS IN GEAR !.  How the heck do I get it to shift? My helper bounced it back and forth while I pushed the "movable hoses"  back and forth WITH fingers. Got a couple shifts but no neutral. IS this the method? Bounce the back wheel like at a stop light looking for N or first while applying presure to " movable hose" until you get lucky ? And hope it's not a false N. I know those movable hoses gotta be driving FORKS and sliding gears on the shaft but it's all random to me. Is there a starting point? And the "be sure the dogs are equal distance" ? Equal distance from what. The case? Each other? Above and below? Side to side ? Baaa..it ain't nothing but a thing and I should be celebrating the good news from Piaggio..I just WANT TO RIDE !! 55⁰ SATURDAY !

No idea what you are doing here but if you have moved the selector "hoses" with the cover off then it's just a matter of moving them back with your fingers into a position equally between the fully selected positions on both gears. Then you have the selector in neutral and dry fit the cover to confirm the positioning then carefully remove the cover, apply sealant and fit. 

Phil

• Like 1

18 hours ago, OuijiVeck said:

Gaaaa !

Put the cove on. W 4 bolts... rolled it around and went thru all 6 gears...down to first ..back up to N. Took the cover into garage and carefully-neatly applied sealant,,.cover would NOT go back on !:( !...tried rolling it...ITS IN GEAR !.  How the heck do I get it to shift?

Here's a link to a picture I posted of my gearbox in neutral before fitting the cover :  https://www.v11lemans.com/forums/topic/20201-re-engineering-the-shift-spring/?do=findComment&comment=272756

image.jpeg

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, MartyNZ said:

Here's a link to a picture I posted of my gearbox in neutral before fitting the cover :  https://www.v11lemans.com/forums/topic/20201-re-engineering-the-shift-spring/?do=findComment&comment=272756

image.jpeg

Ah thanx.... I know I've had them like that a dozen times.. and I was looking for that picture. Working w greasy fingers and researching dosent go well ....and when I'm done wife don't want to see me on the phone after I've been in the garage for days...

Thanks

• Haha 2

My real question is what's the best method of getting the transmission itself into neutral. Itried pushing the "slee es back and forth while my buddy bumped the  rear tire back and forth....not  very productive. We only stayed at it a short while. My friend had betterthingsto do. 

I appreciate the help.