2023 MotoAmerica Medallia SuperBike Racing

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I felt like watching a replay of what happens in MotoGP...

I could easily compare Jake Gagné with Fabio Quartararo;

I wonder if Cameron Beaubier sting in Moto2 helped him to be more competitive here.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, p6x said:

I felt like watching a replay of what happens in MotoGP...

I could easily compare Jake Gagné with Fabio Quartararo;

I wonder if Cameron Beaubier sting in Moto2 helped him to be more competitive here.

The BMW is fast, really fast, but top speed honors go to the Ducati. I think Beaubier became a father for the first time, his mind is clear, he’s comfortable winning in American SuperBike & will continue to do so riding this good. Josh Herrin is also due a win on the Duc, possibly in race 2 tomorrow. What’s interesting is watching Yamaha struggle(rare) a little and Suzuki is improving w a fourth place finish today. Competition is healthy this year, making it fun to watch. 

43 minutes ago, Joe said:

The BMW is fast, really fast, but top speed honors go to the Ducati. I think Beaubier became a father for the first time, his mind is clear, he’s comfortable winning in American SuperBike & will continue to do so riding this good. Josh Herrin is also due a win on the Duc, possibly in race 2 tomorrow. What’s interesting is watching Yamaha struggle(rare) a little and Suzuki is improving w a fourth place finish today. Competition is healthy this year, making it fun to watch. 

You know that Toprak Razgatlioglu dumped Yamaha for BMW next year.

I see Cameron Beaubier do a repeat in tomorrow's race.

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, p6x said:

You got that right...

But Beaubier had an engine breakdown.

Good for Josh!

IMG_7265.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Competition is balanced in SuperBike this year, with BMW, Yamaha, Ducati & Suzuki in the top four often.

MotoAmerica Medallia Superbike Race 2 at Laguna Seca 2023

@Joe

I watched the 3 Superbike races...

It is clear that Gagné has now a healthy competition in 2023. I would put my money on the BMW with Beaubier. I don't think the Ducati is as homogeneous.

The BMW has the power and the handling and.... Beaubier!

I enjoyed watching those races more than MotoGP.

• Like 1

It seems MotoAmerica is in a really good place right now, with three different manufacturers up front and a fourth close, and a number of riders with pace capable of winning.

It seems like Mathew Scholtz is struggling to match the increased pace that Cam B has brought to the party, not sure if that is on him or his bike. Hopefully they will rectify that soon.

But clearly there are three different guys with enough pace to win on any given weekend. That is a good place to be for a racing series. And just below those three are a few more trying to make that last step in pace. Will this shut up all the MotoAmerica naysayers?

Also, have you seen the bracing added to the BMW frame on Cam B's bike? Wow.

• Like 2

Witnessing BMW & Ducati winning or placing second every race is refreshing to me. I am a big fan of both Cam & Josh so it’s really increased the pace for defending champs of Yamaha and Gagne. That said, beware of Suzuki with Escallante as they are within a second or two from placing third, which means MotoAmerica has four brand parity for podiums, which makes an entertaining season.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...