"Le Mans Sleeper" V11 in Tonti frame

4corsa

1 hour ago, guzzler said:

I might have to have an extra glass of shiraz later on too....

Perhaps my favorite red.  otherwise a chianti .....  (I usually drink wine with a meal, so I'm no expert)

I'll admit (being a philistine), it's usually a Yellowtail Shiraz in the bin.  

• Like 2

All this thought bubbling got my thoughts bubbling, perhaps fueled by a proper dose of Scotch Ale . . .

I would regard mySport  as "art" when on the plinth with the footlights and gallery lighting, but its status changes as soon as the tools come out or it is rolled off the plinth, er, lift.

Then, it instantly exists to hide a hole. :ph34r::sun:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Had no idea when I posted Paul Fuhrman's lovely V11 build it would lead to 8 pages of art philosophy. Almost forgot what started all this discussion a930ba6c8381827dc999ea9d65b3ae18.jpg

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

"Good conversation ." I have grown my concepts from the "thought bubbles." Even discussed this with my wife, an artist of note.  I'm betting she comes back to me tomorrow with more "input." Wifeys do that sort of thing, you know . . . :huh: 

I'll have to ask her (former pro ballet dancer, painter, pearl jewelry designer/builder) if she does, actually, consider mySport  "a work of art" . . . :unsure:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, LowRyter said:

I usually drink wine with a meal, so I'm no expert

Same here, I'm no wine snob and I tend to stick with Southern France, where I was born and raised. Cotes du Rhone, Languedoc, the cheaper the better (Guzzi content). Trader Joe's has the best selection at the best price, here is one of my favorites:  https://www.reversewinesnob.com/tenebres-gsm/

tenebres-gsm.jpg

And if I feel like splurging on an exotic bottle, I never stray too far from what I know...

Goat Do Roam.jpeg

Cheers!   :drink:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, LowRyter said:

Perhaps my favorite red.  otherwise a chianti .....  (I usually drink wine with a meal, so I'm no expert)

I'll admit (being a philistine), it's usually a Yellowtail Shiraz in the bin.  

I was given a bottle of Chianti a month or so and not tried it as yet..

Might have to try it tomorrow afternoon after my wee jaunt on the Italian mistress.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

please don't listen to me about wine.  I only have it occasionally with a meal.  Not what I drink when I want to have a couple of drinks (Scotch). 

• Like 1

I like my wines like my motorcycles... bold, full-bodied, dark, intense, Italian.

Suggested pairing: Moto Guzzi Nero Corsa, followed by a fine (aka artisan) Montepulciano.

In case you've never heard of it...

"Montepulciano is the 2nd most planted red grape in Italy (after Sangiovese) and has had a reputation for low-priced juicy “pizza-friendly” red wines. Fortunately, there are several producers in Abruzzo that have shown the amazing potential of this grape by producing inky, black-fruit driven, chocolatey wines best enjoyed after 4 or more years of aging.

Medium-bodied red wines like Montepulciano generally pair with a wide variety of foods due to natural elevated acidity. However, with Montepulciano, the robust herbal and tobacco-like flavors with grippy tannin often call for richer and more savory foods.

Montepulciano will cut through some of the meatiest meats (like beef brisket) and pair nicely alongside rich, roasted winter vegetables. If you learn only one tip about pairing with Montepulciano, it is to match it with something with substance (fat)."

source: https://winefolly.com/deep-dive/montepulciano-wine-guide/

• Like 3