China recognizes the technical superiority of Moto Guzzis.

15 hours ago, p6x said:

Land Rover had a Defender if I remember well.... so perhaps....

Land Rover still has a "Defender". It is not like it used to be, the current version being all swanky and complicated while the old one was rugged and stone axe simple. But it is still a name in use by them.

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, GuzziMoto said:

Land Rover still has a "Defender". It is not like it used to be, the current version being all swanky and complicated while the old one was rugged and stone axe simple. But it is still a name in use by them.

I do remember the old one, when I was doing land jobs in Nigeria. It had a tractor kind of diesel engine, max speed 70 or 80 km/h, no air conditioning, no power steering... after a day of driving in the bush during the rainy season, you had forearms like Schwarzy, and a back side full of blisters.

But they were virtually indestructible and very reliable. Then Toyota came up with the Land Cruiser.

• Like 2

We saw a new Defender recently when up in the Northern Territory...

Bloody hell nothing like the old one and much more like a Range Rover,can't imagine they'd even contemplate taking it anywhere near where the old one would go!

Especially considering it would easily be a 6 figure purchase down here!

Cheers 

Ps it was parked in a car park at a wildlife park in Alice Springs and reckon that's as much dirt as it'll see.

1 hour ago, guzzler said:

I reckon that's as much dirt as it'll see. 

Yeah, there are not all that many dirt roads in Toorak, are there. And that's where those things tend to live.... :grin:

PS: for those who are scratching their heads, ask the internet what "Toorak Tractor" means. :whistle:

• Like 1