EICMA 2023 - 9 to 12 November 2023 -

p6x

Anyone going?

I am going to be in France during EICMA, I could take a fast train but I am not completely convinced I should.

With all the YouTube videos, it is almost not worth the time.

We can expect to see the new Moto Guzzi Stelvio and possibly some new variations of the V100?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, p6x said:

Anyone going?

I am going to be in France during EICMA, I could take a fast train but I am not completely convinced I should.

With all the YouTube videos, it is almost not worth the time.

We can expect to see the new Moto Guzzi Stelvio and possibly some new variations of the V100?

I've never thought going to shows for the latest cars or bikes worth the time, effort or cost unless you are actually in the market for a new bike and use it as a practical means of comparing the bikes or cars you are interested in at one venue. For some strange reason there also seems to be a lot of posturing and ego displayed by the sales people at these events as well. Maybe that's just me. 

Phil 

1 hour ago, Lucky Phil said:

For some strange reason there also seems to be a lot of posturing and ego displayed by the sales people at these events

That's not strange, Phil. That's their job. They're there to "prove" that the brand that they work for is the absolute best thing ever on the market. ;)

That observation is for the most part based on having been involved in the sound installation for a good half a dozen motor show presentations for a German "premium" car manufacturer at various motor shows. Interesting from a sound technician's point of view, but the hurrah involved is somewhat tiring. B)

• Like 1

My last time at a motorcycle expo was in 2011...

My experience was very positive, even if some of the motorcycles were not accessible to the public. But the vast majority of them were.

Today, all the technical data are available on the Internet, so going to a show is to only get the possibility to see the bikes from close and personal. Here in Houston, the palette of motorcycles on display at dealerships is not as complete as what you get in major cities in Europe.

Also, I am interested in all the accessories and riding gear from the companies that you seldom hear about.

EICMA is one of the major shows, and you get the possibility to have all the eggs in the same basket. Some of the bikes are displayed in special liveries and with additional accessories.

A lot of the people around the bikes are "extras", with hand outs and long hair and short skirts and smiling. I don't remember any poseurs.

But since I will be in Paris, I will have access to a lot of different motorcycles anyway.

6456189713_a2b50f805b_b.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

EICMA = Esposizione Internazionale Ciclo, Motociclo e Accessori

Only BMW is not at this year's EICMA. KTM has returned.

@v11_meticcio you can park your moto undercover and for free at the PM1, West entrance (I suppose you know that already).

• Giovedì 9 novembre 2023 dalle 9.30 alle 18.30
  • Venerdì 10 novembre 2023 dalle 9.30 alle 18.30
  • Sabato 11 novembre 2023 dalle 9.30 alle 18.30
  • Domenica 12 novembre 2023 dalle 9.30 alle 18.30

I decided against taking a fast train to Milano, because of a landslide in the Maurienne valley; trains take another route that makes the journey considerably longer. I can't make it in a single day back and forth.

• Like 1