As a subscriber, I got the email too.

I am hopeful they will sometimes publish a book about the Moto Guzzi Le Mans over the years. Although the V11 Le Mans cannot be considered a real Le Mans, was I told by a purist.

5 minutes ago, p6x said:

As a subscriber, I got the email too.

I am hopeful they will sometimes publish a book about the Moto Guzzi Le Mans over the years. Although the V11 Le Mans cannot be considered a real Le Mans, was I told by a purist.

Those same "purists", here at V11Lemans.com, might tell those fellows that theirs was a pretty decent prototype . . .  B) :whistle::grin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • 2 months later...

The beautiful motoitaliane "Dr John's Moto Guzzi" book arrived today. So many detailed images of the genesis of the SpineFrame Moto Guzzi.

Special bonus: back of the dust cover. One more delectable Ettore Gambioli art piece . . . 

• 3 weeks later...

Hoping to learn more about the origins of the Moto Guzzi SpineFrame, this publication does not disappoint!

All this time, I thought the original Spine Frame was a "Daytona" 8V Hi-cam. Not so! The first SpineFrame Guzzi, the V11 Sport prototype so-to-speak, was this 1987 2V. Also, the first SpineFrame: "Made in America!"

tre.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • 1 month later...

I just ordered my copy from Italy - can't wait to receive it!

Also, as discussed (apparently on a separate thread i can no longer find), i finally got around to writing to Piaggio Italy and North America urging them to produce a Dr. John tribute livery for the V100 Mandello.  Here is the english text (also sent in Italian).  Hopefully it will get them thinking about it if they aren't already.  I will let you know should i get a non-automated response:

"As you are likely aware, one of the most important individuals in Moto Guzzi history, Dr. John Wittner, died earlier this year.  After discussing with dozens of other Guzzisti, we firmly believe that it would be fitting for you to produce a V100 Mandelo tribute model to this legend, similar to what you have done over the years for Omobono Tenni.  Certainly, Dr. John's contributions to Moto Guzzi are every bit as important as Tenni's.  A new book called "Dr. John's Moto Guzzi" was just released two months ago, and should provide all the information you need to make this tribute livery.  Not only is this the proper thing for Moto Guzzi to do, I am quite certain that it would be a highly sought-after model.  

Thank you for your consideration."

• Like 4

I just ordered a copy - along with the Moto Guzzi centennial book they published. I remember wanting that when it came out. 2 books, 1 box.

^ 4corsa - that's a funny AI-generated reply. Basically - "Yeah, you go ahead and build one yourself."

^^ Number 46? Who was the rider? Valentino Rossi's dad? I heard VR chose 46 because that was his dad's number.

• Like 1

Doug Brauneck rode the #46 Dr. John ProTwins (2-valve) racer in 1987 whose success put the #1 plate on the subsequent 1988 4-valve race bikes.

cinque.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1