2004 Ballabio for sale

ScottMc

I hate to do it but it's time to move on from my Ballabio.  I just can't comfortably ride 2 up on it.  It's a sweetheart bike.  The biggest issue has been shifting but that was solved with with greasing the shift shaft, adjusting the eccentrics and changing the trans oil.  It has Alpina tubeless wheels which were on when I bought it.  The speedo died around 10k miles and I replaced it with a GPS model which now shows 2800 miles.  Runs beautifully, never had an issue in the 3 years that I have had it.  

I would like to see it go to a good home.  $3500 or best offer.

IMG_1015.jpeg

IMG_1098.jpeg

IMG_1352.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, gstallons said:

The Alpina wheels are $3500 !

Well actually no. They may have "cost" $3500 new and I like them but "worth" is another matter and judged in the eyes of the buyer. I'd buy it tomorrow if I lived in the US. Nice looking bike.

Phil

• Like 1

(Pathetic whimpering noise from Aussie who would crawl seven miles over broken glass to stick matches in your turds for such a bike but is too poor to do so now he's retired and couldn't bring it here anyways......)

Bargain!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

Well actually no. They may have "cost" $3500 new and I like them but "worth" is another matter and judged in the eyes of the buyer. I'd buy it tomorrow if I lived in the US. Nice looking bike.

Phil

I paid that much for mine and I would not take that to remove them from my bike. Until you see them ON your motorcycle you do not understand what they mean to you !

3 minutes ago, gstallons said:

I paid that much for mine and I would not take that to remove them from my bike. Until you see them ON your motorcycle you do not understand what they mean to you !

I think that was my point.

Phil

Ohhhh , I understand and know how righteous these things are. I was looking into different wheels after I had my bike for a while . Of course the prices were absurd . A member here had advertised his for sale after a crash & burn . I think he posted them and I closed the deal w/in ! hour .  I do not regret this absurd purchase one second !

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, gstallons said:

Ohhhh , I understand and know how righteous these things are. I was looking into different wheels after I had my bike for a while . Of course the prices were absurd . A member here had advertised his for sale after a crash & burn . I think he posted them and I closed the deal w/in ! hour .  I do not regret this absurd purchase one second !

They were cheaper than my PVM Wheels.

Phil

Have a look in the Gallery at Phil's gallery. There are a number of pictures of the bike there with those wheels on.

The wheels alone:

EDIT: PS: don't get your hopes up. I went looking after Phil got his wheels, and have the distinct impression that he might have got a hold of one of the last sets available. :huh2:

On 2/28/2024 at 9:27 AM, ScottMc said:

I hate to do it but it's time to move on from my Ballabio.  I just can't comfortably ride 2 up on it.  It's a sweetheart bike.  The biggest issue has been shifting but that was solved with with greasing the shift shaft, adjusting the eccentrics and changing the trans oil.  It has Alpina tubeless wheels which were on when I bought it.  The speedo died around 10k miles and I replaced it with a GPS model which now shows 2800 miles.  Runs beautifully, never had an issue in the 3 years that I have had it.  

I would like to see it go to a good home.  $3500 or best offer.

IMG_1015.jpeg

IMG_1098.jpeg

IMG_1352.jpg

There are a lot of desirable features on @ScottMc's Ballabio besides the awesome wheels. Certainly the GPS speedometer, but also the carbon fiber front fender and rear hugger; Exhaust crossover and canisters. "Tail Tidy; original airbox retained.

On top of a compelling asking price . . .

IMG_1015.jpeg

• Like 3

i am sorry to hear that , was trying to rationalize that bike here at my "old folks home" !

7 minutes ago, gstallons said:

i am sorry to hear that , was trying to rationalize that bike here at my "old folks home" !

I always have a sadness when a member here sells a V11. Yet, once-a member-always-a-member, so y'all sellers don't be strangers! :bier:

And please inform your V11 buyer that the bike comes with a "free membership" to V11LeMans.com :nl: :luigi: :sun:

• Like 5