How low can you go? 9 months and still for sale?

activpop

I think that in Germany the Cali is a type of Continental Harley - but one where you can actually drive to the factory if you need to agitate for parts.

• Haha 1

Philistines.  :P

i-JfDSmrq-L.jpg

i-RFMCNGL-L.jpg

i-4LNZ67d-L.jpg

108K miles and still a joy.

Bill

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

For all of you cynics the fact is that the Tonti models are very good motorbikes.

Not as good as the Aprilia/Piaggio models that superseded them but back in the day, the day being the mid 1970's, but there was a lot of charm in that era.

The early 'Short Head' Tonti models were pretty impressive. Sadly, in the mid eighties the 'Market' changed. People, (And I'm mainly talking about you USA!) wanted 'Bigger' motorbikes. Not just capacity but also, more importantly, physical size!

Anyone who has ridden an un-f*cked Mk III LeMans back to back with a 'Big Valve', 'Tall Head' Mk IV, V or 1000S would have to be mentally defective to think that the earlier model was inferior to the latter one!

That doesn't though mean that the later models, 'Sport' or 'Cruiser' are shit! They are fine, competent motorbikes and the Cali 1100, even with Bill's chunder inducing 'Hot Dog and Mustard' paint job are actually great touring motorbikes!

In the unlikely event I ever go back to the US for another tour, (I'd love to, but 'Reasons'.) the fact is with Cali prices being so low I'd be terribly tempted to take a punt on something like this $2.5K shitter, use it for my trip and just abandon it at the airport when I left leaving the title and keys stuffed in the tank and ignition. Or donate it to some charitable agency. It would be much cheaper than hiring or buying a more *Modern* bike.

Cheap, pretty bulletproof bike, that you can ride trans-continental for next to nothing! Really, what's not to like!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, pete roper said:

For all of you cynics the fact is that the Tonti models are very good motorbikes.

I think that was directed at me. :P

• Haha 2