Oil

belfastguzzi

Guest GGuzzi
records do sometimes sound better than cd's :)

I like the analogue "hiss" :)

oh yeah and my Marshall Stack Guitar amp has VALVES in it ! :)

I like tubes and records. :rasta:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is an American version, but it's much of a muchness with the UK one in the ugly stakes

Dude. put down the :rasta: That makes no sense and it makes my head hurt.

The snake gives it snakepower. That's a one snakepower amp. Actually, it's divided between two monoblocks, so it's two half snakepower amps.

Guest GGuzzi
Well, if we're gonna talk music, I'd better get on in!!

Vinyl will always sound better (ie more like the original artist's performance). Always. Music is analog. Vinyl is analog. There is no analog-digital conversion required. As much as 4% of the analog signal is lost every time an A-D conversion is done. On a CD you have a minimum of 2 A-D conversions. Once when it was recorded, once again when it is decoded and returned to analog which drives the speakers.

CD's are handy, trouble free, maintenance free, and can be digitally altered to sound like anything the listener wants to hear, not necessasarily how the music was intended to be heard. A huge improvement over tapes but cannot possibly match the ability of vinyl. Most people who remember vinyl and the "hiss" were using cheapo Sears-o-matic turntables with $5 needles. Of course this sounds like crap - it is crap. But it is not the fault of the vinyl.

A close friend has spent over 10 years and $15,000 trying to get his CD system to match the quality of sound he had from his vinyl system. Still isn't there.

Oh, yeah, oil. Use whatever the hell you want and change it regularly.

Rj

Bullocks :moon:

Most people couldn't tell the difference between Tapes, vinyl or CD. their ears aren't trained for it. Not many of them get to sit in front of a sound board and hone their ability to pick out the nuiances of music nor do i think most people care. If they like the music they listen to it. I for one come from the era of vinyl and am so happy I don't have to lug around those stinkin milk crates full of plastic.

hey! We could melt the vinyl and use that to coat our engines. :grin:

Only the best is good enough for lubing my darlings

and myself -

riding italian bikes Grappa is essencial for a nice post-ride-wind-down

A good Grappa is strong with a light scent of grapes

and aftertaste of almonds. A dino-Grappa smells like

a mix of grape juice and kerosene.

la_gra1.jpg

Music is one thing but . . .

I remember the last thread that chimed ' no euro' ended up with a lock on it.

Julio has broken in his young dutch wife with a lubricant from an unknown brand you can get at a pharmacy. (fact!)

:lol::lol::lol: What a thread... Another one for the "Hilarious & Totally Insain Threads" section.

Julio has broken in his young dutch wife with a lubricant from an unknown brand you can get at a pharmacy. (fact!)

Just as I opened and read this thread, there is a most appropriate commentary on tv.

Today, the house of Orange marches. The Belfast march is on tv at the moment.

It has just been reported that one of the worthies marches with a wooden leg. He says that it is ok as he gives it a good oiling the night before. (fact)

In this case, I can't conceive that a son of William would use anything other than dino oil.

(second fact, in one thread – is this a record for a thresd on V.11.com?)