Prospective owner questions

txrider

Guest Brian Robson

I'll ride it from Seattle and take the bus back to Seattle. :bike:

Dave pays for the gas down; you pay for the bus back. I get to see Texas and go shooting with Tx Redneck :bier::bier:

Your bike deserves a good home Dave :thumbsup::thumbsup:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check the site for common problems such as the dreaded SELECTOR SHAFT RETURN SPRING then persuade you dealer to warrant that it has either been sorted PROPERLY (ie full assembly changed, not just the spring), or that it will be sorted FOC if it fails. This can be done - I now have an extended warranty following the second such failure.

Apparently common, recurring, problem on the age of bike you want; as acknowledged by MG themselves: they know they have a bad batch of boxes out there, but have no means of tracing them!!

If I'm correct, the blistering paint problem is less of an issue on bikes with "sperex" type finishes ie not smooth.

Tacho misting is another recurrent problem too.

Character is one thing, but bikes like these are also relatively expensive toys: consumer goods!!!

Having ranted madly when the bike was in dock, I've learnt to love it again now!! They are pretty cool!! :D

You're getting boned--

contact Forward Air.

maybe Forwardair.com?

$500 max anywhere in U.S.

40395[/snapback]

Gee, guys, so much help I hardly know which way to turn. Appreciate it all. And Todd, that was spot on about Forward Air ($399 Atlanta to Dallas), that's the way to go. Thanks for the tip.

I'll let you all know what happens when it happens on the bike. :)

Check the site for common problems such as the dreaded SELECTOR SHAFT RETURN SPRING then persuade you dealer to warrant that it has either been sorted PROPERLY (ie full assembly changed, not just the spring), or that it will be sorted FOC if it fails. This can be done - I now have an extended warranty following the second such failure.

Apparently common, recurring, problem on the age of bike you want; as acknowledged by MG themselves: they know they have a bad batch of boxes out there, but have no means of tracing them!!

If I'm correct, the blistering paint problem is less of an issue on bikes with "sperex" type finishes ie not smooth.

Tacho misting is another recurrent problem too.

Character is one thing, but bikes like these are also relatively expensive toys: consumer goods!!!

Having ranted madly when the bike was in dock, I've learnt to love it again now!! They are pretty cool!! :D

40409[/snapback]

Windchill, that's good usable info. I've studied the selector spring problem which seems to have it's source in the spring boss diameter. Tach misting sounds like a vent problem but bad transmissions are scary. Engine paint I could deal with as long as all surfaces are accessible.

Appreciate the help.