Next bike

Admin Jaap

What's your next bike going to be?  

216 members have voted

1. 1. What's your next bike going to be?

• I'll keep my V11 forever!
    • Another V11
    • Definetly another Guzzi!
    • The new Moto Guzzi Griso
    • The new Breva 1100
    • Another Italian brand
    • BMW
    • Japanese crotchrocket
    • Other brand
    • I'll quit biking

whats a dink? I like the whole Aprilia line, although I think only the Futura would fit my budget, not the bike, The Insurance. Its like the companys have a license to steal money. But they can't really rate everyone person to person so I have to get older to get a fast bike, Well and still eat more than Ramens.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dave Pott

D.I.N.K. = Double Income No Kids. In other words, there is no reason to save all together too much $ since no one to leave it to and can't take it with you at the end :huh2:

So why not blow it on motorcycles and such :race:

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with a few of you that I'd keep the Guzzi and get something else. That something else? Probably an Aprilia Caponord. We have so many dirt roads that go forever, you need an all roads tourer to visit the outback.

The KLR as suggested by Skeeve is also a good choice.

Cheers

Bill

I Plan to keep my V11. It's like a marriage not a pair of shoes. It's not the fastest bike, but I can canyon blast or spend all day on the interstate with equal confidence, I can do all my own maintenance in just a few hours a year (I ride 12,000 miles a year - Sundays, commute 2-3 days a week in summer and one week-long trip a year).

My next bike will push the envelope, maybe a GSXR 750 or go classic like a 907ie. But the Guzzi stays.

It's like a marriage not a pair of shoes

"Every old sock needs an old shoe" - Kate Bush The Red Shoes

I think you reach a time in your life when it all makes perfect sense, and you are looking for different qualities. Be it bikes or personal relationships

I know I voted --- I'll keep mine forever, but based upon today's excursion:

HD is getting close with the Street Rod version of VRod

and

BMW's new 1200 rocket bike is pretty darn cool.

I gonna have to stop by the lumber yard for a garage stretching kit. :grin: k

I never seem to sell my bikes, I just stack 'em up lately, kind of like a farmer who keeps old equipment out back.

Maybe I'm getting old, but lately those supersport tourers are getting more attractive.

I've seen the results personally with too much technical stuff on a bike [bMW K bike], and with an engineering perversion [bMW rear hub being sealed for life].

Hondas new ST seems to have been styled by George Lucas with Darth Vader on his mind.

Kawasaki stupidly puts chain drive on it's big ZZ.

Yamaha. Now here's a package that works. Huge grunt engine needing only 5 gears, nice to look at. Shaft. Now if only they could clear up the mechanical foibles that are now rearing their head [low cam chain life etc].

I've just gone through the dozens of pictures of my buddy testing the new Breva, and it really is a well thought out bike, with hard bags, windshield, etc to make it a decent sport tourer, although it is down on power, but that can be made up for by it's better handling, but must overcome very questionable "love or hate" styling.

Ciao, Steve G.

BMW?  Maybe when I'm senile and can't tell what bike I'm riding.

47362[/snapback]

I know I voted --- I'll keep mine forever, but based upon today's excursion:

HD is getting close with the Street Rod version of VRod

and

BMW's new 1200 rocket bike is pretty darn cool.

I gonna have to stop by the lumber yard for a garage stretching kit.  :grin:  k

47606[/snapback]

I voted already with the barndoor BMW, I'm 45, it's 45 and raining and damn yes, I don't mind the fairing, lowers and heated grips ONE BIT. I sent the wheels into the shop for a new set of rubber and was 'forced' onto the Scura in sub 40degree weather last week. ooooooh, that was not a lot of fun. Only good part about it was, when I wanted to get home, it got me there FAST :grin:

The HD street rod is another thing altogether.........Lessee......... Watercooled porsche engine, Jap brakes, italian suspension, WTF? What's HD about that? Sounds like a Yamaha Warrior to me, only not as good and twice as expensive. It's alright with me, but this is a bike created for guys who want the HD badge, but aren't so hot on the traditional HD product. I loved the quote that I read about this bike from the launch in California. Apparently, a few of the HD execs followed the journos around as they were riding/testing the new street rod. They were all on the traditional HD boats. How come they weren't riding the new street rods themselves? "It's not their 'thing'", they said. I'll bet. They must laugh themselves silly at those V-rods.

Final note: Just saw a low mileage Scura go on Ebay for $5400. Wow. At that kind of resale, I GOTTA keep this bike forever, it's apparently worthless to everyone but me anyway. :lol: