Corbin Seat for 03 V11

v50man

Where did you get the guzzi tank pad?  I have been looking for one of those.

Burke

49873[/snapback]

The tankpad was thrown on by my dealer before I picked up the bike. Any dealer should have access -- it's a Moto Guzzi part.

v50

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest freeman

Yep, I KNOW this problem well. I have a Corbin on my 2002 V11 LeMans. Here is what I had to do. First, I called Corbin and asked their permission to do modifications to the seat and got the guys name that said it would be ok. Next I shave all of the rubber mounts on the bottom of the seat down a little bit at a time until it sat the right way on my bike and the gaps between the seat and the frame we all close to the same. I ended up shaving those down about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way. Even though that had to be done, the seat STILL didn't clip into the latch when I pressed down on it as hard as I could to make it fit.

So, I took the female part of the seat latch (the part attached to the bike) and I placed 2 rubber washers (average width) underneath the latch between the latch and the mounting surface of the bike so that the latch had some movement or flexibility for the male post to catch. Without the rubber washers the latch is to rigid to catch the post. I also had to get some longer screws for the latch because with 2 washers in there they weren't long enough anymore.

I'm sure there will be some differences between what I did and how you will have to. maybe 1 washer will work and etc...

In the end it worked out well. I love the seat. Too bad it took so much work

:bike:

Email me at freeman.usacanada@comcast.net and I can send pictures. Its not as hard as I have made it sound!!!

Lucky for me, Tony is riding down to Hollister next Saturday to let the Corbin boys "re-fit" my seat to his bike.

I'll be eternally indebted. :bier:

v50

Geez....

You guys are really willing to go through some blood, sweat and tears to save a buck! :P

Guzzi has apparently dropped back to their old price on NOS V11S/Lemans seats. (They made a significant price increase last Summer. But now I'm getting charged the old price again. Go figure.) The last two I have bought from Joe Eish only cost about $189 to get here to my shop. Then for $305 I can rebuild it just about any way you like with a gel pad installed in the front and overnight to you anywhere in the USA. So the complete package would be under $500 and you get it on a factory seat pan that'll fit! You'll even get the "as new" take off seat cover and belt from the new seat. You never know when a friend might need one!

I still have some of my 8" x 4 x 2 leather tool pouches in stock that I originally designed for the tail piece of the V11S. More than double the size of a stock pouch. They're $29 each including Priority Mailing in the USA.

Thanks for your comments on my work guys. It does mean alot to me! I do find it funny to see the positive comments about Sargents though. They screwed me over so badly ten years ago that I rebuilt my seat myself after they messed it up. So you could say that they forced me into the business! Glad to see they're getting much higher marks now.

I'll be leaving for Abbeville SC Thurday morning to attend the USA's largest Ural Rally at the Shrine Park outside of town this weekend. If any of you want to see how the other side lives, come on by. Visitors welcome! We had over 50 rigs there last year. This year looks to be bigger yet! The Ural factory will even have a rep. there with a off road only Ural dirt bike rig to demo and the company's CEO, Chief Designer and Dealer Relations Rep. will be flying in to attend too. Should be a great party!

Guest rrbasso

Well I spent Saturday down at Corban to get the problem taken care of it turns out that there Mold for the seat had just slightly warped enouph to make it not fit, they seemed really into making a effort to fix this problem thoe, they brought down one of there Mold makers and we used my bike as a templet, after a lot of cutting and Clay we got a good templet so this week there are going to make a new mold, I am going down there when there done to do a final fitting so hoppfully getting a seat will not be a painfull exsperance. I will keep you all posted :bier:

Well I spent Saturday down at Corban to get the problem taken care of it turns out that there Mold for the seat had just slightly warped enouph to make it not fit, they seemed really into making  a effort to fix this problem thoe, they brought down one of there Mold makers and we used my bike as a templet, after a lot of cutting and Clay we got a good templet so this week there are going to make a new mold, I am going down there when there done to do a final fitting so hoppfully getting a seat will not be a painfull exsperance. I will keep you all posted :bier:

50904[/snapback]

:bier::mg:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
No problem just keep me updated, its a nice ride down there for me on a saturday not a problem :bier:

49604[/snapback]

Does anyone know if there is a dual seat with back reast available for the later lemans. I have a 2003 lemans. The wife wants to ride but wants a seat with a backreast. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Does anyone know if there is a dual seat with back reast available for the later lemans.  I have a 2003 lemans.  The wife wants to ride but wants a seat with a backreast.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

56922[/snapback]

...no. Corbin's doesn't even let you use the rear cowl. Best thing I can tell you is to buy the style of back rests you want and see if Rich Maund or someone local to you will customize your seat and backrests to your specs. not cheap...guessing around $400 - $500.

I went with a Top box, not quite a back rest but it does provide some sense of security to a passenger. Not sure I would lean too hard on it but it can handle several pounds or pressure. It is mounted to the OEM rack. Ideal solution would be to have Corbin do one of those removable rest seats or pop-up rest but not sure they will mess with another v11 upgrade due to low demand. :huh2: