Americanizing

antonio carroccio

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the Offspring had a kickass Americana Tour I liked it. :rasta: I don't get out much and most of the ppl I like none of you have heard of, You know like Jay-Z, Bush, Soul Coughing, the list goes on but youre all much much too old, We should have a grampa lookin emoticon :lol: or how about something jumping over a hill maybe Alex could dig something up he has all kinds of crazy ones. :huh2:

Anywhoooo. Later. :whistle:

I thought the Offspring had a kickass Americana Tour I liked it.  :rasta:  I don't get out much and most of the ppl I like none of you have heard of, You know like Jay-Z, Bush, Soul Coughing, the list goes on but youre all much much too old, We should have a grampa lookin emoticon  :lol: or how about something jumping over a hill maybe Alex could dig something up he has all kinds of crazy ones.  :huh2: 

Anywhoooo. Later.  :whistle:

51450[/snapback]

I saw Bush... and was unimpressed. They had to do an "extended set" becasue No Doubt was a no-show.

...and yeah, Frank Zappa is dead, some years ago of Cancer. A friend of mine owned Zappa.com at one time, and ended up giving it back to the family, and has been friends with them since.

".... Catholic Girls .... Catholic Girls" :P .

al

"I look 47 but I'm 24

Well they shoo'd me away from here the time before

Turn their backs and they lock their doors

I'm watchin tv in the window of a furniture store"

:D

Crossin' the highway late last night

He shoulda looked left and he shoulda looked right

He didn't see the station wagon car

The skunk got squashed and there you are!

You got yer

Dead skunk in the middle of the road

You got yer dead skunk in the middle of the road

Stinkin' to high Heaven!

Take a whiff on me, that ain't no rose!

Roll up yer window and hold yer nose

You don't have to look and you don't have to see

'Cause you can feel it in your olfactory

You got yer

Stinkin' to high Heaven!

Yeah you got yer dead cat and you got yer dead dog

On a moonlight night you got yer dead toad frog

Got yer dead rabbit and yer dead raccoon

The blood and the guts they're gonna make you swoon!

You got yer

Stinkin' to high Heaven!

C'mon stink!

You got it!

It's dead, it's in the middle

Dead skunk in the middle!

Stinkin' to high heaven!

All over the road, technicolor man!

Oh, you got pollution

It's dead, it's in the middle

And it's stinkin' to high, high Heaven!

"I'm rollin' I'm rollin' I'm rollin a" Soul Coughing is cool. And Portishead. No one is as cool as Tom Waits, though. Best biking song: "My Red Joystick". Lou Reed.

"Took my GPZ out for a ride..."

Fish

Edit: Sorry, that's "New SEnsations" by Lou Reed.

"I'm rollin' I'm rollin' I'm rollin a"  Soul Coughing is cool.  And Portishead.  No one is as cool as Tom Waits, though.  Best biking song:  "My Red Joystick". Lou Reed.

"Took my GPZ out for a ride..."

Fish

51467[/snapback]

I'm going to see Mike doughty(formely soul coughing) this saturday downtown. And I think I'll be getting into the Killers for free the Next weekend already sold out but I have an "in". Man being a Beer guy is rough. :lol: some of my friends are going to Tom Waits I've never heard of him? I think I'll find some of his stuff tho. :doh:

Tom Waits is pretty good, but hard to listen to. Like a Guzzi, he requires involvement.

I don't listen to mainstream much anymore. Too bland- even the 'edgy' stuff, which more often than not ends up as un-musical.

The other fun concert I saw not too long ago was Leon Redbone. Sheesh, he was funny as all get-out.

For motorcycle songs- don't forget two of them- Arlo Guthrie (the motorcyle song) and Richard Thomson ('52 Vincent or something like that).

Now, I'm just going to mosey off into the Montana sunset, lookin' over my dental floss ranch..

hey, i like the fact that some of you are still, or where, enjoying edgy bands...

personally, i cannot stand it when there's a motorbike related reportage on telly, and the soundtrack is oh no not again "Born To Be Wild"...They should use stuff from Black Rebel Motorbike Club....

I never understood all the fuss about Tupac- he is really overrated.

Just because he was stupid enough to get involved in all this gang stuff and get shot then he is made into a hero- bloody idiot more like.

All his records rip off other peoples tracks- where is the talent in that?

People who worship him should get a life.

I am looking forward to the new album from System Of A Down- comes out this week I believe.

Guy :helmet:

P.S. When Suzi Quattro was singing about her Daytona Demon was she referring to Paul?????