[I]Go!!!![/I]

belfastguzzi

GO Yamaha Edwards, Rossi out in front. Will it stick? Gibernau flying fastest from behind.

As I type, Gibernau passes Rossi. What a stunning sport! There's nothing to touch it on tv. Must be pretty good in real life?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GO Yamaha Edwards, Rossi out in front. Will it stick? Gibernau flying fastest from behind.

As I type, Gibernau passes Rossi. What a stunning sport! There's nothing to touch it on tv. Must be pretty good in real life?

51672[/snapback]

yeah but did you piss the Texan Tornado off?

coz he said "you know who you are" & then pointed at ya!

better run! :P

I'm happy. Sete looks like a perpetual hot-head and bad sport. Valentino, on the other hand, seems like a happy-go-lucky character who has a good time all the time. How can you not like Valentino! Anything that pisses Sete off makes me happy. There's a German word for that.....

Great racing - I never miss the GP.

And why didn't Edwards let teammate Valentino pass when Edwards was helping Sete get past both of them? I don't get this. Don't team tactics come into play here?

Enzo: I think the German word you are looking for is "Jackass". :bier:

Rossi wins because he is the smartest racer out there, both on the track and with bike set-up. However, his out of control move cost Sete the race in Spain, and his arrogance kept him from admiting it. I just wanted to see him get punted off by Sete, then you would have seen some cry-baby action.

fish

If I were a motorcycle manufacturer, looking to improve sales by winning in races, would I pick a Rossi, or a Gibernau? No question.

We should all consider ourselves lucky, as we are witnessing if not the best motorcycle rider of all time, or at least in the top 3 of all time.

Think of it for a moment, it's the end of the race, the tires a shagged, your pit board tells you your position is 1st place, with plus 0 seconds in the lead. You are on a inferior bike with less power, on a race and track the guy behind you has won the last two years. So what do you do? Well, you do not just set a race lap record, but the fastest lap ever recorded on a bike around Lemans, on the LAST LAP!!!

The guy is a god!

Ciao, Steve G.

... his out of control move cost Sete the race in Spain, and his arrogance kept him from admiting it....

In Spain, Rossi took the corner cos he was allowed the space. Gibernau must have seen him but he couldn't adapt. He just carried on regardless & ended up in the gravel. He had other options.

When things go a bit wild Rossi has a willingness to improvise & the riding ability to see it thru, stay upright & be fast (most times). Gibernau's not so imaginative, things can only be done one way & when they aren't in the plan he gets a bit lost.

I'm with Steve G. Rossi may or may not be arrogant. But don't let that confuse the issue. I don't see how we can say he's the best of all time etc....but he's the best out there today - by a long way.

I was glad Edwards got something out of the race. He's a good rider, he seems happy - wonder what riding with Rossi will bring out of him?

KB :sun:

Well, I still say Edwards should have moved over and let his teammate go by.

And, I don't think of Valentino as arrogant. Arrogance is ugly and he is never ugly. He IS flamboyant and there is a difference. A child is flamboyant. It is fun to watch.

...Well, I still say Edwards should have moved over and let his teammate go by....

Edwards was racing for the win. Why should he give it to Rossi?

When Rossi came by, Edwards didn't make it hard for him.Gave him loads of room, so much that Gibernau came in too. I don't think he knew Gibernau was so close.

KB :sun:

Maybe he was letting rossi win WHO knows but was pist he didn't see Gibernau and thought he gave rossi a gold and pulled in a Silver for himself to find a bronze waiting for him :huh2: I wish I had a way to watch GP here. No one cares about it in the USA but I'd like to watch. NASCAR blows goats.