Ferrari

antonio carroccio

To me there is a distinct difference between F1 and Moto GP. One is boring as s@@t, computer controlled traction, anto lock brakes, computer controlled start etc, with most excitement happening in the pits, and one poetic art, and risk of personal life. I'm trying very hard to be objective, and not let my love for the motorcycle show.

Last year Valentino Rossi was given seat time in an F1 Ferrari, with respectable times for a green rookie. At that time an honest offer was given to Mr. Schumacher to ride a GP bike. Not an exact quote, but he basically said there is no way he would ride something as wild as a modern GP bike.

Don't under-estimate a modern Moto GP rider. They are the true gods of the motorsport world. I seem to recall the Ducati's doing over 340kms/hr down the main straight at Lemans last weekend. Hey guys, bike pilots sit ON TOP of their machines, UN-TETHERED!!!!!! F1 guys are strapped IN, side supported, back supported, crumple zoned, flip protected. Heck, those F1 guys are just "Poser Fluff" compared to Moto GP guys.

That said, I think Ferrari stumbling a bit is good for F1. Makes Ross Braun and Jean Todt squirm a bit, earn their money more. In the end, this will be good for Ferrari, it will make them hungry again, lean and mean. Look at what 2 horrible years have done for engine reliability for Mercedes with McLaren.

Ciao, Steve G.

To me there is a distinct difference between F1 and Moto GP. One is boring as s@@t, computer controlled traction, anto lock brakes, computer controlled start etc, with most excitement happening in the pits, and one poetic art, and risk of personal life. I'm trying very hard to be objective, and not let my love for the motorcycle show.

Last year Valentino Rossi was given seat time in an F1 Ferrari, with respectable times for a green rookie. At that time an honest offer was given to Mr. Schumacher to ride a GP bike. Not an exact quote, but he basically said there is no way he would ride something as wild as a modern GP bike.

Don't under-estimate a modern Moto GP rider. They are the true gods of the motorsport world. I seem to recall the Ducati's doing over 340kms/hr down the main straight at Lemans last weekend. Hey guys, bike pilots sit ON TOP of their machines, UN-TETHERED!!!!!! F1 guys are strapped IN, side supported, back supported, crumple zoned, flip protected. Heck, those F1 guys are just "Poser Fluff" compared to Moto GP guys.

That said, I think Ferrari stumbling a bit is good for F1. Makes Ross Braun and Jean Todt squirm a bit, earn their money more. In the end, this will be good for Ferrari, it will make them hungry again, lean and mean. Look at what 2 horrible years have done for engine reliability for Mercedes with McLaren.

Ciao, Steve G.

52476[/snapback]

Steve, with all my respect, you start talking like Al now... :o

Guest slowpoke

F1 hasn't got a thing on Moto GP. And how about the Isle of Man TT? That has to be the hairiest, balls out racing known to man!

Guest philbo
Formula 1:    :vomit:  :huh2:  :not:   

Moto GP / WSB / NW200 / BSB / TT / Dakar / Supermoto / Endurance etc :  :bier:  :race:  :drink:  :food:  :sun:  :thumbsup:    :P

52485[/snapback]

It's like they say - it's 80% car / 20% driver Vs. 20% bike / 80% rider - not really a contest ...

Yeah this F1 is boring , not because of the ferrari winning but mostlly to the the very poorly chances for overtaking (compared with motorcycling- GP or SBK)in the track.

Well actually the only way to break the monotony of the Ferraris winning was to make such rules that the Ferraris won't win.That's a shame.

If they can't make fast cars of have the winning drivers they'd better :notworthy: the Italian supermacy :grin: (Italian-German , I mean). :D:D

Guest whart

So, does Nascar do a European circuit? I can see the Dale Earnhardt fans now, hanging out in Monaco, looking for a cold BUD. Also, do you guys in Euroland get Hee-Haw reruns on TV? Just wait....