OT: Centauro wheelie

Admin Jaap

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that looks like fun. I saw John O sullivan's red centauro( the first I'd seen in the flesh) the other day and was very impressed.Why did they stop making them?

How would it compare with my Tenni?

Ferguzzi,you can see the Centauro Owners Group website which is linked to this site in the forums section.Read em and weep,baby. The problems found by members seem to be many and varied,many more than are posted for v11's although it's probably like any site, you dont get to hear about the good days, only the bad ones. John O Sullivan will be ok,he wont be able to hear the Centauro self destructing over the racket from his Scura clutch.

If he's really doing a wheelie he must have an aftermarket pinion in his final drive. Those things tend to break, you know.

54275[/snapback]

Hahaha rub it in :!: I'll see how many wheelies you do this weekend :whistle: If it doesnt rain Saurday that is :D

Here's our very own candyman.

Maybe tomorrow night I'll get pics from Erin uploaded and add a link here

Centrear.jpg

redcent.jpg

centbody.jpg

Centauro -- bee--u--tee--full.  Why did mg stop making that bike?

54292[/snapback]

Well, where do we start.

First, like the 1000S, nobody bought them when they came out.

They are long and heavy.

Problems with oil lines, Fuel injection, WP suspension.

In 1998 the bike listed for aqpproximately $13,000. Pricey.

Oh, and they were TERRIBLE wheelie machines. :D

hmmm... got me interested now... maybe this could be my second bike :P

Are there fixes for the above complaints? How do they handle compared with like the le mans? There's a nice looking one listed on ebay right now.

It's the Pontiac Aztek of motorcycle design. :huh:

54316[/snapback]

People love or hate the Centauro. I bought it for its looks alone and shortly thereafter realized I had made a mistake.

It was, however, the most brutal beast EVER in a straight line. Big difference between 4V and 2V motors.

Sold mine to a collector/broker last Autumn. I though I was giving it away at $6500, but that is apparently all he was able to get for it...

http://bradsbikes.com/view_photo.aspx?phot...px&maxWidth=700

v50man -- 'splain that a little about fastest ever on a straight line? How do they handle leaned over? Do new lines help eliminate oill leaks, etc.? what helps? what's your opinion on overall performance?