Damn dikes

Admin Jaap

Wanted to visit TLM and the Boxmeer meeting... small curvy dike road, high dike... this is the result...

Bruised rib, cut in finger, no serious bike parts destroyed...

Oh well, shit happens when you ride a dike!

IMG_2537.jpg

IMG_2539.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

too much Grolsch, Jaap? :P

Jokes aside, glad to hear that you are ok and get that fine bike up and running again soon, will ya?

Søren

Wanted to visit TLM and the Boxmeer meeting... small curvy dike road, high dike... this is the result...

Bruised rib, cut in finger, no serious bike parts destroyed...

Oh well, shit happens when you ride a dike!

54359[/snapback]

Condolences to you, the machine ... and your bruised feelings. All will be fine in short order.

Many years ago in a universe far away, i.e., when I was young--a state I try to remember when I see young people doing stupid things!--I was happily riding my bright-yellow Yamaha Trail 80 on a dirt road in a remote area of Ohio County, in western Kentucky (tho "remote" and Ohio County is redundant!).

I had been in a wooded area, then entered a large meadow that sloped gently down to my left, and a steep, large earthen bank started out on my right and extended for several hundred yards. The latter was covered in bright green grass.

Hmmmm, I thought, as I came near midpoint. What a neat hill climb.

So ..... I turned left into the grassy field, went down a few hundred feet, and turned around. The Yamaha had little power, but was geared to climb telephone poles. I took what was intended as an acceleration run, and was actually making pretty good speed. I could tell I would get to the top of the steep bank and even clear it with some exciting "air" time at the end.

By now, you know what happened. I did clear the top. It was a dam!!!!

There was a small path at the top and I sailed over it and .... :o:o:o

It pains me even now to write more. :doh:

Lordy, I do love motorcycles. :race:

Sorry for the troubles Jaap.

It reminded me that I havn't been down for a while. :wacko: One tip that I will pass on from a former riding partner who explained his philosophy to me after my front wheel slid out from under me on a wet corner is that the first thing to do is go up and kick the bike. The purpose here is to let it know that IT let you down and not to do it again!!! :bbblll: These days I guess we would call it tough love. :wub:

I agree with Steve G. make her shine and get back on.

Whaaaattt? Jaap - you came down off that thing?? That's a long way down. Sounds like you got off lucky. Glad you're OK. Take it easy, we'd miss ya! Get well soon....

KB :sun:

ps. funny story Bill :grin: great avatar soloNH!

Just got back from Boxmeer, and am sorry to hear of your crash Jaap.

Shame we did not get to meet up but thanks for organising such good weather for the visitors from across the pond.

See you next year maybe- we enjoyed it so much we are going back for sure.

Guy :helmet: