Thanks for all the Help

Guest hogjockey

One of the weird things I've noticed about these bikes is that they seem to get better mileage a dn run smoother at 80 MPH than 60. These bike get poorer mileage being lugged. If you're used to running lower RPM, try 4k and above and see what happens.

Your mileage sounds way low, and there has to be something wrong.

American gallons are smaller than real ones, so they get apparently less mpg. Multiplied up, it will be not much less than yours.

mike

American gallons are smaller than real ones, so they get apparently less mpg.  Multiplied up, it will be not much less than yours.

mike

55654[/snapback]

Ahem! You mean Imperial gallons are larger than real ones. :D

Irregardless,(is that an Americanism, or do the Brits mistakenly misspeak, too.) if you are getting less than 30MPG, something is wrong. Unless you are going on 10 kilomile trips in 10 degree Celciheit weather. :drink:

I get about 130 miles on a tank of medium Octane fuel on a 2001 V11 and remain very happy with my bike for what it is worth. I have owned many motorcycles but this remains my favoriate "street bike."

Off to Laguna Seca tomorrow!

Irregardless,(is that an Americanism, or do the Brits mistakenly misspeak, too.)

55666[/snapback]

Sorry, Dave- I'll be grammar nazi here. "Irregardless" is not a word. "Regardless" should be used in its stead.

Sorry, Dave- I'll be grammar nazi here.  "Irregardless" is not a word.  "Regardless" should be used in it's stead.

55678[/snapback]

:o Sorry JR. Grammar police required here: 'its', as used above, should not have an apostrophe.

Check 'its' in your Dashboard Widget. I was going to copy the info to here, but it seems that stuff can't be copied out of Dashboard.

upswept minsrals, FbF cross overs Power commander , FbF open air box and the list goes on.

A Power commander for the Sport 1100i ????? Where is this for sale.? :rasta:

BTW Yes one getsbetter milliage when driving near the power band where the tourgr of the motor is.

I get a average consuption of 6,5 to 6,7 liters /100km traveling with average speed of 160km/h or somewhere there (most times is about 130 average)

Alex-Corsa, PC 111's are available thru Guzzitech.

http://www.guzzitech.com/PCIII-16M.html

Follow the link and you're there.

The litre is the same measurement all over the world. The US gallon is 3.79 litres while the Imperial gallon is 4.55 litres. To date my fuel consumption has averaged 39.84 Imp mpg, 33.19 US mpg or 7.14 litres per 100km. Nearly 3800 miles from new, stock except for a PC111 fitted at 1200 miles. The most I have put in at one time is 21.67 litres after 186 miles.

Rob