TRAITOROUS BASTARD!!!!!!!!!

v50man

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, there's a dealer in metro Atlanta (Stone Mountain Harley Davidson) that actually promotes, understands, and -- dare I say -- loves the Buell brand. I test rode an XB12R there and was pleasantly surprised.

If I wanted a Superbike, I'd consider the RC51 -- or even an R1. THing is, I don't want a Superbike. I just want ONE bike that can wheelie at will and I happen to really admire the thinking behind Buell's bikes.

Would NEVER sell the V11 -- might cut loose with the Ducati (but I doubt that will happen because it's not worth THAT much and the lady likes it best because of its two-up comfort).

Come to think of it, I'd NEVER buy an RC51 -- I'd find the extra dough and get a new Ducati.

I dunno, maybe I won't do anything. One thing I found out in my research: I went to the Buell riders site (Bad Weather Bikers), and I must say that it was immediately apparent that the average IQ was far below what I find here in Guzzi land.

Hmmmm....

V50

INFIDEL!!!! :helmet:

well,...just wait till you get the usual bs from your hd dealer...see how much you like it then...

but if you're going to sin...you might as well do it right,

just out of curiousity....if you can, test an RC51...see how that buell feels after... ;)

61591[/snapback]

-_--_--_-

Actually, there's a dealer in metro Atlanta (Stone Mountain Harley Davidson) that actually promotes, understands, and -- dare I say -- loves the Buell brand.  I test rode an XB12R there and was pleasantly surprised.

61619[/snapback]

Last year, I rode my EV out to Stone Mountain HD. A friend had bought a Road King, and wanted company for his ride home.

Expected the usual disdain (at best) from the HD crowd. Well, when I rode up, the owner and chief wrench both came running (not an exaggeration, btw) to talk Guzzis. Both had owned Guzzis and still loved 'em. Almost felt sorry for my friend. He had just spent $20K+ for this new HD toy, and the dealer was BS'ing with the Guzzi guy. :unsure:

Anyway, because of their cordiality, a few weeks ago I couldn't bring myself to go there to buy the HD decals for my GarageMahalo urinal. :D

A recent trip the the Harley dealer in Charlotte revealed that they have dropped the Buell line completely.  Is this happening across the country??

61618[/snapback]

From what I understand, Buell wants HD/Buell dealers to actually promote Buells, not have one stuck in a corner behind the HD underclothes. They'd like the sales people to actually sell them, not sneer at them, the parts people should know the difference between a Sportster and a Buell, etc. If the dealer doesn't want to do that, for whatever reason, Buell doesn't want them as a dealer.

Culling the herd, I think it's called. From the stories, I suspect some dealers do Buell more harm than good.

One thing I found out in my research:  I went to the Buell riders site (Bad Weather Bikers), and I must say that it was immediately apparent that the average IQ was far below what I find here in Guzzi land.

Hmmmm....

61619[/snapback]

Wow. That's a pretty rude thing to say.... :(

A bit harsh it would seem on first, but do they discuss metaphysical matters such as Schrodinger's Cat the Corolis effect and other such highbrow matters  :D

61635[/snapback]

No - but I did see discussions of:

- the Alvarez Theory (Cretaceous-Tertiary impact crater)

- Plate Tectonics and their effect/non-effect on the ancient Appalachian range

- recent theory about the two geologic 'hot spots' (Yellowstone and Raton) and their possible effect on the continental divide

- Specific and General Relativity

- Finite Math

- Human Genome nomenclature

No - but I did see discussions of:

- the Alvarez Theory (Cretaceous-Tertiary impact crater)

- Plate Tectonics and their effect/non-effect on the ancient Appalachian range

- recent theory about the two geologic 'hot spots' (Yellowstone and Raton) and their possible effect on the continental divide

- Specific and General Relativity

- Finite Math

- Human Genome nomenclature

61638[/snapback]

They're obviously as full of shit as we are then. No wonder we have so many Buell owners (or prospective ones) :)

Had to by the bike shop (ATD) at lunch -- dropped a hint about my "Buell fund" -- and got quite the reaction. The bait was swallowed whole -- everyone chiming in with their 2 cents worth as to why I should NOT get such a bike.

Am I the only one who sees a BRILLIANTLY ENGINEERED and thought-out motorcycle that is as much fun to ride as anything out there?

studio4_small.jpg

Guest MotoMessiah
I'm still thinking Buell's are suffering for there QC issues of preceding models. I like the looks of them and enjoyed the test rides, but there is something there that just stops me from looking at them seriously.

:2c:

61662[/snapback]

Actually the new XB series have been spot on reliable compared to other similar bikes. The reputatio,n however, comes along for the ride. Shame. I have over 20K on my '03 KB12S with nada issues. A great, fun bike. That said...I'll trade you v50. :cheese:

A recent trip the the Harley dealer in Charlotte revealed that they have dropped the Buell line completely.  Is this happening across the country??

Joe

61618[/snapback]

It happened here in Watertown NY (up-state NY) too a couple of months ago. The HD dealership (Iron Block) lost the line due to the poor sales figures. The sales person that I spoke to about was tight lipped about why they no longer carry the line but I got the impression that it was not their doing and Buell took it away because of lack of sales relative to HD sales... It was very strange to see all the Buell badging go away after 3 years of coexistence. :huh2:

I quite fancied one before I got the V11. Took one for a test ride and that was enough to convince me personally never to get one.

Definately not convinced that quality is there compared to the Guzzi.

BTW, It was a 2002 model with a dual seat, cant remember its name.

I believe the bikes are getting better nowadays, but for me,there were too many issues for it to be considered as a viable alternative to the V11, which I admit I already had my heart set on.