MGNA IN GA Shutting Down?

bigbikerrick

I saw on the mgnoc web site info. that mgna warehouse/ offices in GA. are being shut down, employees including Michelle being layed off,and operations being moved to New York city at the Piaggio offices.. Im not sure if this is good or bad ?? anyone else here have any information on this change?

Guest SantaFeRider

it's good!

now we will get to deal with the extremely polite and helpful service attitude endemic to New Yorkers!!! :grin:

I am a die hard MG fan but having waited for a speedo part (angle drive) now for 5 months wouldn't anything be an improvement here in North America? BTYW, the last time I was in NYC, I noticed a big Moto Guzzi sign, was probably a dealer though. And I actually found New Yorkers to be exceptionally "nice."

I saw on the mgnoc web site  info. that  mgna warehouse/ offices in GA. are being shut down, employees including Michelle being layed off,and operations being moved to New York city at the Piaggio  offices.. Im not sure if this is good or bad  ?? anyone else here have any information on this change?

69247[/snapback]

http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?PHPSE...492&topic=868.0

I spoke to Michelle in Oct during one of my quarterly "where are my engine cases" conversations. She made me promise I wouldn't leak this out too much since the Dealers had not even been notified of the change. Unfortuneatly, she hadn't found a new job the last I heard. Very sucky situation but can't say that I'm really surprised by the actions of our favorite scooter company.

Piaggio NY, where are my engine cases!!! :)

it's good!

now we will get to deal with the extremely polite and helpful service attitude endemic to New Yorkers!!! :grin:

69248[/snapback]

I'm typically surprised when I visit NYC, people are always nicer than I'm expecting. At a minimum the extreme levels of competition seem to maintain high levels of competence (and sometimes responsiveness) in businesses that stay afloat long term.

. . . the extreme levels of competition seem to maintain high levels of competence (and sometimes responsiveness) in businesses that stay afloat long term.

69263[/snapback]

Oh, let us hope! :mg::mg::mg:

I spoke to Michelle in Oct during one of my quarterly "where are my engine cases" conversations.  She made me promise I wouldn't leak this out too much since the Dealers had not even been notified of the change.  Unfortuneatly, she hadn't found a new job the last I heard.  Very sucky situation but can't say that I'm really surprised by the actions of our favorite scooter company.

Piaggio NY, where are my engine cases!!!  :)

69257[/snapback]

I heard that for those Guzzisti that did not accept MG's settlement offer of a leather jacket for the crappy engine paint, Piaggio is now sending out 2 cans of Genuine Harley Davidson wrinkle black spray paint and a roll of masking tape, since they crushed all the V 11 cases at Mandello a couple of weeks ago! :o:not:

I heard that for those Guzzisti that did not accept MG's settlement offer of a leather jacket for the crappy engine paint, Piaggio is now sending out 2 cans of Genuine Harley Davidson wrinkle black spray paint and a roll of masking tape, since they crushed all the V 11 cases at Mandello  a couple of weeks ago! :o  :not:

69314[/snapback]

make it 3 cans and we almost have a deal. ha ha! :D

Look pal...I don't have time for this pollyanna crap.  Either tell me what you need, or get outta duh way, there's otha people waitin!  :grin:

69361[/snapback]

You tawkin' t'me? You mus be tawkin' t'me. I'm the only one hea' ( waitin' for a speedo).

['Taxi Driver" meets the Guzzi warantee] :D

And then there's developing the dealer network:

"This is a nice place ya got hea', but it looks, ya know, flammable . We can help. We're from Don Piagguzzi." B)B)B)

Seriously, this could be good as in, what we have had has not been. Yet, I recall when Aprilia came in and took Laverda to NYC. It was never seen nor heard from again. :o

You tawkin' t'me? You mus be tawkin' t'me. I'm the only one hea' ( waitin' for a speedo).

['Taxi Driver" meets the Guzzi warantee] :D

---------------------------------------------------------------

..and then there's Midnight Cowboy meets Guzzi parts availability...

"HEY! HEY!! I'm walking heah, I'M WALKIN HEAH!!" :angry: