Griso improved

mdude

well, didnt take long before we solutions to the Ugly Can Disease was available. Seems like a noisy (i.e: good) solution. From the site of the corsaitaliana guys. The make of the can is MHP...dscf0968.jpgdscf0963.jpg

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, didnt take long before we solutions to the Ugly Can Disease was available. Seems like a noisy (i.e: good) solution. From the site of the corsaitaliana guys. The make of the can is

That certainly is more svelte then the stock one.

That certainly is more svelte then the stock one.

71183[/snapback]

but I don't think that the cranked pipe and small high level can look great with the style of this bike, which is long, horizontal, flowing :huh2:

Maybe it looks better from a different angle.

I would say that was aesthetically a 65% improvement.

Not bad for a first stab!  :grin:

Nige.  B)

71216[/snapback]

My thought excactly. A lot better than the beer barrell. Best solution should be a Quat D-thingy, Id say...

Guest redguzziv10

it always makes me laugh when a new design comes out (not just Guzzi's. In fact, not just bikes) The designers are paid fortunes to spend months in nice cosy air-con offices (or in the Guzzi's case- a bag of doughnuts in a draughty old shed, probably) to design something aesthetically pleasing which will sell to the masses. The big design & developement team then ask the public what they would like to see/have, finetune the design, and finally it is put into production.

Two days later, the first thing everyone does is change as much of it as possible.

i suppose what i'm trying to say is - in this case i like the stock can - leave it alone

This is actually an interesting. I'm buying a Griso as soon as one arrives but I'm actually in two minds as to what to do with it.

Being honest it will have all the power and performance I could ever want. If I wanted more I'd buy a three year old R6 or CBR600, rip all the road shit off it and take it to track days :race: . Yes, in a lot of ways I can see that changing it a bit would be nice but there again, if I keep it completely stock down to the last nut and bolt then it might just become a 'Collectors' Item' some years down the track....

Knowing me I won't be able to resist and I'll do all sorts of silly and un-neccessary stuff to it but logic would dictate that the best thing to do, as with most modern vehicles, is to leave it alone.

Oh, and I think that muffler looks pox. Worse than the beer-can. :2c:

Pete

...if I keep it completely stock down to the last nut and bolt then it might just become a 'Collectors' Item' some years down the track.......

Pete...is someone putting something in your porridge??? First a lurch into new bikes & now ...this!!! :o Come on man, pull yerself together.....

KB :sun:

it always makes me laugh when a new design comes out (not just Guzzi's. In fact, not just bikes) The designers are paid fortunes to spend months in nice cosy air-con offices (or in the Guzzi's case- a bag of doughnuts in a draughty old shed, probably) to design something aesthetically pleasing which will sell to the masses. The big design & developement team then ask the public what they would like to see/have, finetune the design, and finally it is put into production.

Two days later, the first thing everyone does is change as much of it as possible.

i suppose what i'm trying to say is - in this case i like the stock can - leave it alone

71274[/snapback]

so, when in the history of the motorcycle, or in the history of the IC-engine, did the culture change from a "personalise it to make it mine"-theme to a "nah, keep it stock cause I love the way it looks like all the others"-theme? When did the tinkering stop?

Im a designer myself, thats why I always look at new designs with a more critical eye. There is countless examples of design projects that have misfired seriously because of exaggerated belief in and use of market research and focus groups. A commitee or a focus group will always choose the least innovative and most non-intrusive design language. They sand off all sharp edges. Thats a fact. When one says that a product is fine-tuned, that really means "to all tastes". So its up to us to release what we personally see as the potential in the design. Most products feature loads of cost or taste related compromises when they reach the market. Rarely do you see a product that sparkles with single minded visions and ideas (Ducati 916 is an exception that comes to mind). Some will always go with the finished product and be happy with that, but in our world of endless tinkering and improvement and personalising, they are getting scarce.

Most manufacturers choose tinkering as a marketing strategy as well, and is helpful in providing masses of aftermarket parts to change and actually improve their product. Because as a rule, the best components dont end up on the machine, manufacturers cant afford to use them. Porsche, as an example, reckons they make 10 times as much money by support and licensing to aftermarket suppliers AND servicing cars as on the cars themselves.

So what Im saying is: we're SUPPOSED to change our bikes.

Guest julianashcroft

I think the Griso looks fine as it is. That Exhaust above does nothing for the bike, it's like any exhaust that can be put on any bike, basically what they have done. No thought, no design has gone into it at all.

Only had my Griso a couple of weeks and I love the looks. First saw it as a concept back in 2003 and it must be one of the few concepts that looks better as a production model. It retains so many of the original looks but has been tweaked and improved.

I doubt I will be thinking of changing the exhaust, it goes well with the bike and someone with some real design flair will have to come up with something better.

My Griso

I would say that was aesthetically a 65% improvement.

Not bad for a first stab!  :grin:

Nige.  B)

71216[/snapback]

Couldn't have said it better myself, Nige! I'm in total agreement w/ ya!

:bier:

Only had my Griso a couple of weeks and I love the looks. First saw it as a concept back in 2003 and it must be one of the few concepts that looks better as a production model. It retains so many of the original looks but has been tweaked and improved.

I doubt I will be thinking of changing the exhaust, it goes well with the bike and someone with some real design flair will have to come up with something better.

My Griso

71318[/snapback]

Yahbut... your pic is hiding that ashcan muffler on the far side of the bike! No wonder you like it's looks! ;)

Seriously, I'm much converted from my original assessment of the concept bike [which I initially found double-bagger fugly] since I first saw it in the flesh [cappucino paint scheme] at last year's CWIMS. Like it even more since seeing & straddling it at this year's CWIMS [in the black livery. How formal! :grin: ] But that GI-NORMOUS bent biconic-section muffler still detracts hugely (pardon the pun) from the visual appeal for me; like someone else said, "long, low & mean" would be a better fit. I can already see an aftermarket "homage to the LM1 muffler" bigger, badder but still much slimmer than the stocker in the cards.

Dang, I gotta get myself into the muffler biz! I could make a small fortune! [Too bad I don't have the large fortune I'd need to start with! ;) ]

Ride on,

:bike:

After seeing one in person at the Seattle show...

1. That exhaust can is freakin' horrible. That kills the left side. This new exhaust does nothing for me. Looks like a product of my garage.

2. The right side, I can't get over the massiveness of the enclosed drive... and the placement of the oil cooler is atrocious.

3. I don't like the ass on the Triumph speed triple, and I don't like this one either.

IMO it just lacks the flow and lines inherent in an Italian bike... you know, the lines that just capture the light and reflections, and your eye, wether you like the bike or not, there is always that little bit of Italian. I just don't see it in the Greaso...

Rj