Griso improved

mdude

I think the Griso looks fine as it is. My Griso

That's right , Y' see many most Moto Guzzi bikes are as individual and original in design as it gets.It's almost impossible to add something to them without messing the aesthetics' character up.It's whether you design a totally new thing (i.e. Ghezzi Brian) or leave it as is. :2c:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Griso looks fine as it is. That Exhaust above does nothing for the bike, it's like any exhaust that can be put on any bike, basically what they have done. No thought, no design has gone into it at all.

Only had my Griso a couple of weeks and I love the looks. First saw it as a concept back in 2003 and it must be one of the few concepts that looks better as a production model. It retains so many of the original looks but has been tweaked and improved.

I doubt I will be thinking of changing the exhaust, it goes well with the bike and someone with some real design flair will have to come up with something better.

My Griso

71318[/snapback]

Thats awesome. I think at some point Jaap might want to make this a Full spectrum Guzzi site since we seem to be getting so many crossovers anyway. Well actually I bet he could just keep adding offshoots like the Tenni bungs.

ANYWAY how the hell is the ride on that griso let me know mang!@!@!@!!!!!!

That's right , Y' see many  most Moto Guzzi bikes are as individual and original in design as it gets.It's almost impossible to add something to them without messing the aesthetics' character up.It's whether you design a totally new thing (i.e. Ghezzi Brian) or leave it as is. :2c:

71343[/snapback]

I don't mind the can I would just like it better if it didn't have that stupid rubber-looking mid section give me a solid can to work worth. But I don't count I even kinda like the YamaWarrior bohemouth. :huh2:

I don't mind the can I would just like it better if it didn't have that stupid rubber-looking mid section give me a solid can to work worth. But I don't count I even kinda like the YamaWarrior bohemouth.  :huh2:

71355[/snapback]

Agree, theres something about the can thats not right, I love the headers, theyre downright sexy but I hate the contrived end of it with all that spiral business going on. Looks like a bit coming off an Actionman-model. The Yamawarrior can is so humungous its cool, and its also simple and well finished.

Stepped in the hornets nest here. Dont get me wrong. I like the Griso so much I have started to count my money. Problem is that Ill never manage to sell my V11 up here in the north, but why would I?

Pete...is someone putting something in your porridge??? First a lurch into new bikes & now ...this!!!  :o Come on man, pull yerself together.....

KB :sun:

71286[/snapback]

Yeah. He's already promised that he would biff the donk, clonk the tickler and other stuff like that. What gives? I reckon an imposter has figured out his password.

Something just isn't Docc Real and p.roper about this. :huh2:

There was even a picture of his new sportified bike and as it was on the world-wide internet it must be true.

He seems to be denying his own future.

bink the dink

Yeah, I don't like that new aftermarket exhaust... doesn't follow the lines.

...but at least the aftermarket is already making options available.

Although I'm not a huge fan of the OEM exhaust, it sorta goes with the bike. So it's not too awful... just awful HUGE :rolleyes:

al

Yeah. He's already promised that he would biff the donk, clonk the tickler and other stuff like that. What gives? I reckon an imposter has figured out his password.

Something just isn't Docc Real and p.roper about this.  :huh2:

71491[/snapback]

It's christmas time, he'll be away munting the turkey or whatever they call it. :food:

As far as the new aftermarket exhaust pictured, it's a non-starter, ugly. I'm biased, I hate carbon fibre exhaust.

The Griso is a styling exercise plain and simple, and some will love it, others hate it.

While I personally don't care for the big can on the Griso, it's not the only styling goof on this bike. Explain to me the location of the oil cooler. BUT, BUT, in the interest of overall trends in "power cruisers" having big cans, I would be willing to deal with the size of the can had they put better effort into the end of it. The turbine twirled styling is plain silly looking, and worst of all, the quality of the metal finish looks like it came out of a grade 5 elementary school workshop sand casting project! I mean, it looks like it was dipped in sulfuric acid for 1/2 an hour!

Ciao, Steve G.

While I personally don't care for the big can on the Griso, it's not the only styling goof on this bike. Explain to me the location of the oil cooler. ..

71607[/snapback]

That's easy: Any modern air-cooled bike has to have an oil-cooler; it's a requirement from the folks in the marketing dept! ;) Since there's no room in front, due to moving the engine for'ard and making the cool 2->1 headers [part style (the "phat" cosmetic outer pipe), part function (the smaller, inner header that does the actual work of channeling the hot ex. gases to the collector)], where to put the cooler? Oh, how 'bout on the far side from the collector, to balance out the visual "business" going on the left side? Excellent!...

:thumbsup:

Clear now? :drink:

Guest julianashcroft

My Dealer sent me an email yesterdayl, with a photo of that exhaust saying that it was available if I was interested. He also said that Moto Guzzi would be bringing out a new twin pipe silencer for the Griso, sometime around February.

My Dealer sent me an email yesterdayl, with a photo of that exhaust saying that it was available if I was interested. He also said that Moto Guzzi would be bringing out a new twin pipe silencer for the Griso, sometime around February.

72056[/snapback]

So it ould be this one

guzzi011.jpg