What's your weather like?

helicopterjim R.I.P.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OKLAHOMA CITY, OK - Freezing rain today through Sunday. Highs in the teens. :doh:

hi, never seen that Winston quote...makes you think huh...

keep meaning to go see his house,its only 25 miles or so away too...

We've been a bit windy. But made the most and took the Guzzi to work - I'm currently lift sharing with a colleague, who wasn't at work today so took the Guzzi regardless.

Only the third time since new year :(

Went past one heavy on it's side. But okay, eased by home time. I wont mention our new 8 million pound building that we've only been in a month that is losing it's roof panels in the wind as that's a tad embarrassing. Just damp for the return journey.

GOOD GOD man thats like 4000 tons!!!!

I guess if thats bigger than this than I can see it

0868313.jpg

it weights 4000 tons. :nerd:

No pounds as in sterling (£) :D like what several dollars worth.

It's good to see that some one else's government id f...ing up their economy even worse than than your own.

(our mortgage rate are at a 10 year high - just basing on exchange rates)

I don't earn enough - any one want to buy a kidney?

We've been a bit windy. But made the most and took the Guzzi to work - I'm currently lift sharing with a colleague, who wasn't at work today so took the Guzzi regardless.

Only the third time since new year :(

Went past one heavy on it's side. But okay, eased by home time. I wont mention our new 8 million pound building that we've only been in a month that is losing it's roof panels in the wind as that's a tad embarrassing. Just damp for the return journey.

Martin you have just confirmed you are totaly mad! :D Can't believe you went out on bike yesterday!! 90mph plus winds christ! Guess ok if wind behind you though, giva you top speeed of about 220mph!! lol

Got home about midnight (late shift) and found my drive and front garden covered in bits of my roof. Getting it repaired as I type this. Plenty of lorries and trees blown over yesterday in the storms.

Luckily we were both at work at the peak of the storm and our cars were away from the house.

Rear garden looks like Baghdad- debris and broken pots everywhere.

Guy :helmet:

Got home about midnight (late shift) and found my drive and front garden covered in bits of my roof. Getting it repaired as I type this. Plenty of lorries and trees blown over yesterday in the storms.

Luckily we were both at work at the peak of the storm and our cars were away from the house.

Rear garden looks like Baghdad- debris and broken pots everywhere.

Guy :helmet:

WOW saw the results in britian on news bad storm!!! and it's heading for japps land... :o hope the the levys hold. hang on tight boys....put the safety gear on! at least we all now know! it's only climate change. :( ''and not agw'' :grin:

Temps around freezing, 5 - 10 inches of snow due starting this evening through Sunday. Not conducive to riding. Even the Ural refuses to start.

NO worries! just go ride the fridge.. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Well winter has finally set in very well here in Ohio. I havent ridden the bike in over 2 weeks & theres no break in sight. The high temps the next two days are in the 20's. After that the highs will only be about 10 degrees for a while. Well on the positive side, I have plenty of time to save money for that new helmet I've been wanting! Here in Ohio we can either have a fairly mild February or it can be just as brutally cold as the rest of the winter. So far its looking pretty bad. I havent even been out to the garage to look at the bike let alone start it up. Besides I've read that its not a good idea to start the motor when its very cold anyway.

Well winter has finally set in very well here in Ohio. I havent ridden the bike in over 2 weeks & theres no break in sight. The high temps the next two days are in the 20's. After that the highs will only be about 10 degrees for a while. Well on the positive side, I have plenty of time to save money for that new helmet I've been wanting! Here in Ohio we can either have a fairly mild February or it can be just as brutally cold as the rest of the winter. So far its looking pretty bad. I havent even been out to the garage to look at the bike let alone start it up. Besides I've read that its not a good idea to start the motor when its very cold anyway.

Yet another reason to like Florida :D

• 2 weeks later...

Typical coast of Maine weather.............. Umpteen bazillion degrees freezing for almost a month, starts snowing (about 8" worth), temp shoots up to 42deg f. and pours rain for about an hour. Temp immediately drops back down to about 10 deg f. leaving 4" of crappy ice on top of everything. No relief from subfreezing temps in sight. I won't see the surface of my driveway until sometime in March.......... If I am lucky.

Cabin fever can't be far off.....................

• 4 weeks later...