G8

macguzzi

Last year we had the G8 conference here in Scotland, a story that came out at the time which was canned was that George Bush had had an accident while riding his mountain bike, he had run over a policeman (not the sleeping variety) What now comes out is that ol GB was trying to talk,wave and cycle all at once and could not avoid running the policeman over, well that his excuse. One would have thought that the leader of the mightiest power on earth could carry out at leat three bodily actions at the same time! Lets hope he was'nt thinking as well!

Pres4Dums.jpeg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will never understand the seemingly irresistible impulse to raise politics on a Guzzi board.

Even given the "no prohibition" here, as at other boards, e.g., wildguzzi, where such is ignored anyway, the end result is rancor, ill will, and divisiveness. How does that serve us in Guzzidom?

I care about the past, present, and future; have strong political beliefs; vote; and discuss current events and politics with others. I believe, however, that freedom of speech--that right of incalculable value--is best exercised with due regard to time, manner, and place. For political commentary, this board is, IMO, none for those.

It is, however interesting to hear how the remainder of the planet views this "dufus" of a shitpile, as we here in the US dozingly sleep off this bad dream! :2c:

80160[/snapback]

Your comment--and not, btw, its merits or lack--proves my point.

Your comment--and not, btw, its merits or lack--proves my point.

80161[/snapback]

I agree Bill. We all understand MacGuzzi's frustrations, but don't understand why bringing it up on a motorcycle board will help things.

We have to wait only a couple more yrs and it will be all over, we Guzzi owners, we're patient guys.

Ciao, Steve G.

Well said, Bill. We can all (obviously) go on endlessly about politics and it is unfortunate for it to color our relationships.

I come to this forum for its enjoyable, intelligent motorcycle banter and invaluable insight into the V11 Guzzi. This other trend certainly has detracted from the quality of the forum.

Of course I'm still bruised over the witch doctor thing. :glare:

I'm not so sure about this. I quite like knowing whom I'm conversing with: on a forum like this you can't so easily make judgements about people as in the virtual world, and I think it probably helps that everyone feels able to talk about anything. One of the things that has impressed me since I've been on here is that out of the huge range of social, geographical educational and political backgrounds people seem to have, there are very few people I wouldn't be friendly with if they lived nearby.....with the exception of the odd racist, of course, but then we have those everywhere!

It's been said before but bears repeating that we have Jaap to thank for much of this.

I have no problem with non-V11 subjects. After all, we are not one dimensional bike obsessives after all. I really enjoyed the "global warming" thread and the "witch doctor" thread, and various other controversial and for that matter comedic threads without direct relevance to the V11.

Bill, there is a simple solution to your objections to the non-M/C threads that appear on here from time to time. It is not to read them, post in them or get wound up about them. Leave these threads to members like myself who love and appreciate the diverse and interesting facets to the personalities and lives of my fellow Guzzisti which aren't simply bike related.

I will never understand the seemingly irresistible impulse to raise politics on a Guzzi board. 

Even given the "no prohibition" here, as at other boards, e.g., wildguzzi, where such is ignored anyway, the end result is rancor, ill will, and divisiveness.  How does that serve us in Guzzidom? 

I care about the past, present, and future; have strong political beliefs; vote; and discuss current events and politics with others.  I believe, however, that freedom of speech--that right of incalculable value--is best exercised with due regard to time, manner, and place.  For political commentary, this board is, IMO, none for those.

80158[/snapback]

Don't get too upset Bill we are talking about a guy riding a bike, it's not political. If I had been being political I would have called the guy a dork(which of course would be accurate and again fairly unpolitical)

I have no problem with non-V11 subjects. After all, we are not one dimensional bike obsessives after all. I really enjoyed the "global warming" thread and the "witch doctor" thread, and various other controversial and for that matter comedic threads without direct relevance to the V11.

Bill, there is a simple solution to your objections to the non-M/C threads that appear on here from time to time. It is not to read them, post in them or get wound up about them. Leave these threads to members like myself who love and appreciate the diverse and interesting facets to the personalities and lives of my fellow Guzzisti which aren't simply bike related.

80196[/snapback]

Oh,so you're picking on us one dimensional bike obsessives now are you?

I'd retort with something witty and incisive,but being a one dimensional bike obsessive,I have the conversational abilities of a goldfish :bike:

Oh,so you're picking on us one dimensional bike obsessives now are you?

80216[/snapback]

Eh? I'm lost.... I said weren't one dimensional bike obessives... Unless you see yourself that way! :helmet:

Bill...there's no rule stating NO politics in this websites' guidelines,however there is in the aforementioned Mildguzzis' forum policy. If you're offended then maybe you shouldn't read or post or mebbe' go and post on a different site where everyone has got that warm and fuzzy feeling you seem to call "guzzidom". I wasn't trying to gain merit through my post, just justifying the personal freedom of people around the globe to voice their opinions on how we, yes, you & I as US citizens, have politically f**cked up this planet by allowing this shitbag to rule. And they can't have a laugh and poke fun at the fact he can't do more than 1 thing at a time? Come on...lighten up Bill :grin: