G8

macguzzi

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know between the main bicker'ers: myself, noggy, ratchet, badmoto, dlaing few others (possible cheif instegator TX) that there is a respect among the banter and I haven't seen anyone come unhinged. ....yet

80266[/snapback]

:blush::grin:

Hey DeBen - You could introduce "Bicker Points"!

Lets get back to the original thread, the G8 is a joke, so a little bit of comedy with GB running over a poor old copper, is just that.

Now the G8 might be a thread worth pursuing though. :notworthy:

:2c: sorry bill you say you care abought these topics,and will discuss but just not on this forum.

I will never understand the seemingly irresistible impulse to raise politics on a Guzzi board. 

Even given the "no prohibition" here, as at other boards, e.g., wildguzzi, where such is ignored anyway, the end result is rancor, ill will, and divisiveness.  How does that serve us in Guzzidom? 

I care about the past, present, and future; have strong political beliefs; vote; and discuss current events and politics with others.  I believe, however, that freedom of speech--that right of incalculable value--is best exercised with due regard to time, manner, and place.  For political commentary, this board is, IMO, none for those.

80158[/snapback]

waspp - that is an interesting viewpoint.  Others would say that the only strength in the economy is in the housing sector (tradesmen, realtors, mortgage brokers, etc.) and that this is not a healthy basis for an economy.  If one's country can only create growth through the domestic real estate market, then watch out for a recession.  There is one upside... interest rates will remain low.

The only reason that the unemployment rate is so low is a quirk of how it is calculated.  It doesn't include "discouraged" workers - i.e. those who have given up looking for work!  There are economists who say that the true unemployment rate in the USA is closer to 8%.

80278[/snapback]

I think rather the housing market is a reflection of economic strength. Growth here in our area is on the rise, communities are growing, school systems are getting larger, and housing is in great demand. Iv'e also noticed this along much of the east coast. If people are chronically out of work maybe they should relocate, lots of work out here.

waspp

I just read an e-mail from the University clarifying that we are not in a recession and we should keep investing… :2c:

We got a similar one during the year 2000 :bbblll: .

It was educational to see the word recession again :homer: .

:mg:

Anthro

I think rather the housing market is a reflection of economic strength. Growth here in our area is on the rise, communities are growing, school systems are getting larger, and housing is in great demand. Iv'e also noticed this along much of the east coast. If people are chronically out of work maybe they should relocate, lots of work out here.

waspp

80312[/snapback]

http://www.inthesetimes.com/site/main/article/2513/

After posting this amusing story with no political bent I can't belive the vitriol from our US Guzzi brothers. Guys get out of your country and travel the world. Foreigners are not bad people just remember your country's majority are from abroad, ie Europe, Africa and South America. Lighten up and get a life, as for leftist retoric, well I'm no leftist but that does not stop me having an opinion ALL POLITITICANS ARE ARSEWIPES!

After posting this amusing story with no political bent I can't belive the vitriol from our US Guzzi brothers. Guys get out of your country and travel the world. Foreigners are not bad people just remember your country's majority are from abroad, ie Europe, Africa and South America. Lighten up and get a life, as for leftist retoric, well I'm no leftist but that does not stop me having an opinion ALL POLITITICANS ARE ARSEWIPES!

80323[/snapback]

Howdy.

Just reread the posts and the closest thing I could find to vitriol from a US Guzzista was some foul language from someone who agreed with your position. But that is not why write instead of letting this thread die (as perhaps I should ;) ).

As for getting out of the country and traveling the world, I am not so presumptuous as to speak for all Americans (meaning, in this instance, USA), of course, but I know not a single xenophobe here, tho I am sure there are some.

I was born in Europe and am a dual-citizen of Germany. I have traveled extensively in Asia and Europe and lived overseas a number of years. Kathi and I have had more than a 20 houseguests (actually, several more, I think, but that was a quick "finger count!)--for dinner or overnight--from other countries in Europe, Asia, Africa, and South America in our home during the past three years. We have more coming in March, and were just invited to spend three days in Fano, south of Rimini, this summer by another couple.

Virtually everyone I associate with professionally and socially is open to new ideas and well-educated and -traveled. I live in a neighborhood that is ultra-liberal, thus I am exposed far more to those views than to others. I tell my neighbors I add diversity--one of their favorite words :P

My point is that I am not insular, and know no one who is. But, when I am overseas or with foreign visitors, I do not talk politics. I leave that for members of the same polity.

Bottom line is that I do need to lighten up, and Kathi has me on treadmill every day to make that happen :D , and I assure you I have a (wonderful) life, and don't wish to get another one.

Seriously, the real bottom line is that I do not mean to make too much of all of this, but neither do I think that politics, has a place here. IMO, that includes humor about another country's head of state or political leader. Such divides, period. I nevertheless trust no hard feelings remain for stating that. I certainly intend nothing mean-spirited, and regret it when that happens.

As for me, there's another hour or so of sunlight here, and the "Renoir light" comes soon. I'll be on the EV (it was chilly this morning, and the big w/s helped), taking the "long cut" home.

Regards and best wishes from Atlanta,

Bill

NOT a bad idea, should bill get the first point?  :grin: **** I think the banter (at least with the reg's) is more like these two.  :huh2:

80363[/snapback]

Yes, yes, I accept ... as those are about the only "tech" points I'd ever get here! :D

Bill....you may think and seem liberal by Atlanta standards, but unless you live in Little Five Points I surely doubt it. Your inability to find humor in MacGuzzis' post shows me you're as uptight as the Muslims who pillage due to the the Mohammed parody comic. It's good and good for you to joke about the current politics and religious dynasties that plague our societies, otherwise it's just another day at the office. Come on Bill....I know you've got a Dub'ya joke to tell, share it with us! Show us that liberal streak! :P

And hey...no hard feeling on this end, after all....it's only a forum.

after all....it's only a forum.

80388[/snapback]

Eleven V-lashes for sacrilege!!!

And easy on Bill, he ain't exactly a rioting pillager...lawyers have more civil ways of looting :P

And I doubt he has connections to anything as vile as Newt Gingrich.

Eleven V-lashes for sacrilege!!!

And easy on Bill, he ain't exactly a rioting pillager...lawyers have more civil ways of looting :P

And I doubt he has connections to anything as vile as Newt Gingrich.

80392[/snapback]

If anyone deserves a Bicker point its dlaing.

0bd61960.gif

thinking of making something with a fighting chiken? what you think bob?